BTTF II 1/24 Texaco Ferrari Build

BTTFSpencer

Sr Member
What would be a good method for me to scratch build this shape? I would like to brainstorm and spit ball some idea's around with you guys. I've never scratch built something of such complexity before. I'd really like to read your thoughts.

Here are a few pics to get us started.

Offroad2USHYouTube2Screencap4.png

B13.jpg

B10.jpg

5106781380_eb096ebaf3_b.jpg

id prob go with a lump of wood shaped to something close then a good layer of car body filler /bondo and sand it to shape , could use a thin sheet of styrene for the lower front peice

once its smooth use a scribing tool like a olfa and some dymo tape to make the detail lines on the body

looks pretty easy to scratch build compared to some stuff

Last edited:
Thanks, Jedifyfe and Steveo!

The wood idea...sounds intriguing. I'll have to think about that. Keep the idea's coming, guys! I'm not a great scratch builder. I'd really like to get started and learn how though.

work with what you like best

myself i dont like how putty sands , but others get on fine with it

i like the car filler as it dries fast , sands easy and has reasonble strentgh ..also easy to buy where ever you live

got your message the car is around 14 feet long and the rear wheels are 40 inchs tall the fronts are 30 hard to get the higth it changes all the way down plus its hanging way up there in my museum but by looking at the wheels i would say the body is about 40 tall at the back

Complex? There's nothing to these shapes. High density urethane. Create a series of negative guides as checks for sections along the way. Your choice as to whether it becomes a vac-form master or you fill and refine and finish the foam itself.

got your message the car is around 14 feet long and the rear wheels are 40 inchs tall the fronts are 30 hard to get the higth it changes all the way down plus its hanging way up there in my museum but by looking at the wheels i would say the body is about 40 tall at the back

great appreciate the help :thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back