Interest BTTF Hoverboard Parts Kit

formula388

This interest thread is for a set of BTTF Hoverboard base parts kit.
The kit would include:
Two sets of magnet assemblies which consists of the base magnet disc and front and middle hold down.
One battery pack

The sizes will be those that have been calculated from screen used boards and many many many hours of work has gone into drawing these as accurately as possible.
These will be sold as a kit and need paint. The parts will be molded from 3D printed parts that have been primed and filled so the pulls are clean.
These are the same 3D printed models that I supplied to Clock88 for his screen accurate board seen here: http://www.therpf.com/f75/bttf-full-hero-hoverboard-build-accurate-color-lenticular-parts-3d-227485/ I collaborated with him and many other forum members to figure out the correct size.

Any questions feel free to ask!

Complete Kit
The price will be $70 plus actual shipping for a full kit of parts. I would need 10 confirmed interested members in order to start the run.

Complete kit Interest List
1. shonie115
2. pandatrooper
3. DB537
4. DB537
5. Sciencebob
6. BTTFSpencer
7. MrSinistar
8. ajhix
9. Razorsharp192
10. shortwookie
11. shortwookie
12. hoverboard
13. dr_slurpee
14. kurtyboy
15. KingsKnight

Single Battery Pack
Price is $20 plus shipping and they will fit in a small flat rate box.

Battery only Interest List
1. xxxOmniJPxxx
2. jhk1976
3. choanata

Battery Pack with extensions to fit HC Hoverboard
Price is $30 plus shipping. These will be produced and shipped after the complete kit and single battery packs are completed.

Battery w/ extensions interest list
1. bigv69er
2. masshysteria
3. carl
4. natedogwithoneg
5. deloreanrob
6. aviin
FreddeHamm
8. Estel_MM
9. MEGANTRON

Last edited by a moderator:
Im the only one :( ... Will the battery pack come with the connectors that connect to the discs?? Or is that more?

You got it DB537, and bigv69er, I think once people have the HC board in hand they will start looking for parts. The battery will be just the battery, for the discs and holddowns, that would be the full kit.

Well i think you should do a hc kit.. The battery and thr disc connector or hold down thingy lol..w.e you wanna call it.. Thats whats missing with the HC.. We pretty much jist dont need the discs

I will consider it. I too have a couple of HC boards coming my way so I will do what works. I currently have all the parts already printed, I need to prep them to be cast and get all the 3d printed layer marks out of them now.
I think if you consider the shape of the current HC discs and holddowns, compared to the screen used ones its worth it just to replace them all if you are trying to make the board more accurate. If you just want a carry board, a battery and two pieces of painted 1/8" lexan attached to the current disc would be more then suitable.

I will consider it. I too have a couple of HC boards coming my way so I will do what works. I currently have all the parts already printed, I need to prep them to be cast and get all the 3d printed layer marks out of them now.
I think if you consider the shape of the current HC discs and holddowns, compared to the screen used ones its worth it just to replace them all if you are trying to make the board more accurate. If you just want a carry board, a battery and two pieces of painted 1/8" lexan attached to the current disc would be more then suitable.
If the HC boards are constructed like the Matty boards, replacing the magnets will be VERY difficult. I hope that's not the case, but just something to be aware of.

-Nick

If the HC boards are constructed like the Matty boards, replacing the magnets will be VERY difficult. I hope that's not the case, but just something to be aware of.

-Nick

Thanks for the heads up.
I have started to prep the 3D printed parts for molding. I want them as smooth as possible so the final casts come out awesome.

Thanks for the heads up.
I have started to prep the 3D printed parts for molding. I want them as smooth as possible so the final casts come out awesome.
Having followed your work from the beginning, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

The big issue with the Matty boards is that under each magnet, the board itself is bowed out in the shape of the magnet. Their magnets nest on top of those. It's weird, but I'm sure it helps them with alignment, registration, and robustness.

Can't wait to see this run progress even though I'm not in it. haha

-Nick

Yeah I think the pink under-structures for each magnet will need to be cut out, and the holes repaired before the smaller, more-accurate magnets can be attached.

BTTFSpencer, added your name.
I also molded the battery and it came out awesome the pulls are really clean. A lot of prep time on the original part but it paid off.
Next up is the magnet assembly, a lot more sanding required but I want the pulls to be just as clean.

BTTFSpencer, added your name.
I also molded the battery and it came out awesome the pulls are really clean. A lot of prep time on the original part but it paid off.
Next up is the magnet assembly, a lot more sanding required but I want the pulls to be just as clean.
would cost be any different for a 3d printed battery?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back