BTTF Futaba Delorean Remote Project

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thread for my upcoming project, converting a Futaba FP-T8SGH-P into a screen accurate replica of Doc's DeLorean remote from Back to the Future. This is the rare green label version of the remote.

Here is the remote I will be working with:
1056ce41.png

The screen used version was a FP-T8SGA-P.
The only visible external difference in the 2 is the letter A/H in the model number, which will be corrected when I start working on this project. There are also some slight differences in the internal electronics which will not affect the appearance or function of the finished prop.

Last edited:
Will you post a tutuorial of your electrical work when you finish and where to find certain parts as you go?

good luck with your build and I will be following your progress :cool

Will you post a tutuorial of your electrical work when you finish and where to find certain parts as you go?

good luck with your build and I will be following your progress :cool

Yes. I'll be posting lots of photos and info as the build progresses. :cool

If my calculations are correct, when this thread hits 88 posts, you're gonna see some serious sh**!

I love BTTF, so I'll be keeping an eye on this build for sure. Definitely a unique item to choose to build from the movies.

Attachments

• futabaremotecontrol1.jpg
    futabaremotecontrol1.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 14,754
  • futabaremotecontrol3.jpg
    futabaremotecontrol3.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 17,311
Nice project! I never thought about the remote until now. Is looking for a Futaba remote similar to looking for a vintage Graflex for a lightsaber?

Nice project! I never thought about the remote until now. Is looking for a Futaba remote similar to looking for a vintage Graflex for a lightsaber?
I have no idea how hard it is to find a "vintage Graflex", but the Futaba remote of that type is hard to find. Finding one with the green letters instead of the read, is almost impossible.

I have no idea how hard it is to find a "vintage Graflex", but the Futaba remote of that type is hard to find. Finding one with the green letters instead of the read, is almost impossible.

I was incredibly lucky.

This eBay listing was the first page that came up the very first time I even tried searching for a Futaba remote.

I was incredibly lucky.

This eBay listing was the first page that came up the very first time I even tried searching for a Futaba remote.
Then indeed you were incredibely lucky ;). I'll follow this thread with great interest.

I was looking at my screen caps this morning and I saw something I never noticed before. I already knew that there are supposed to be 2 9V Duracell batteries on the TOP of the Unibox enclosure on the back. In these cropped HD screen caps you can clearly see that there are also 2 of the same batteries on the BOTTOM of the Unibox as well.

061971ca.png

4d842b4d.png

Yeah, indeed. Great find. Never knew there were batteries on the bottom. But in the screencap there clearly are. Also seems like 2 Duracell 9V batteries, no?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back