BTTF: From Krups Coffina to Mr. Fusion - Discussion, Questions, Tips and Tricks

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mattycsi

Sr Member
Finished up the base and latch.
20201022_180635.jpg
20201022_180603.jpg

3D printed, smoothed and finished with hammered metal black.

Currently smoothing up the lid.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

minilove666

Earlier in this thread is mention that T-cut will polish it right off.
I don't know where you're based, if UK then it is readily available. It is a light vehicle polishing compound. I have some and will be trying it soon.
Well, last week I bought the T-cut (I'm from Italy). The polishing effect is nice, but the writing is damn resistant. I still haven't been able to get it off.

mattycsi

Sr Member
Finally finished this guy. Hadn't realised how long I'd been sitting on it.

I tried the T cut to remove the text but it did little other than clean the grinder up nice.
I buffed the whole exterior with steel wool. Then wet sanded the whole thing from 800g to 2000g. It was ready to go.

I couldn't get the round windows out for painting so just masked them up.

I embedded magnets to hold the white lid to the black base and another to hold the catch in place.

20210910_133944.jpg
20210910_150220.jpg

Couldn't resist making it have a nuclear reaction also.

mattycsi

Sr Member
That looks brilliant. I'm just in the process of printing mine. Do you know what size bolts are required to secure the white lid to the black base?
Cheers.

I used an M8 sleeve nut inside the black base hinge barrel. I had a friend turn it on a lathe to round it out. It was about 12mm and fit quite snug.
I then had an M8 bolt go in from either side, they were both around 30-35mm long if I remember right.
If you just wanted to run a length of threaded rod through it and put a nut at either end then 12mm rod should do it.

Good luck with your build, post pics!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.