BTTF: From Krups Coffina to Mr. Fusion - Discussion, Questions, Tips and Tricks

I think I just might! [emoji41]

...and I did. This one is super clean though. Barely used at all from the looks of it. I'm a bit reluctant to break it down.

376683b80b0a5c4b798a9d289e0ce494.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all I've seen some very nice work on this thread:) and a lot of attention to detail awesome!
Has anyone got a accurate replica and a Dimound select mr fustion that they wouldn't mind taking pictures of side by side to show the differences please? I think it would be interesting to see.... Thank you in advance:)

I went to apply my die cut lettering and discovered very quickly what a nightmare applying die cut vinyl as thin as the "Home Energy Reactor" lettering is.

The water slide decals will be here next week.

They do require care, patience and practice, and there are chemicals to aid you in their application. That being said, yours appear to be very sharp and opaque, and they look good.

They do require care, patience and practice, and there are chemicals to aid you in their application. That being said, yours appear to be very sharp and opaque, and they look good.

Thanks. I ordered extras because I knew I would screw a few up at first -- which I did. Aside from the delicate nature of them, the other challenge is getting it on the Krups shell STRAIGHT. I spent a lot of time measuring and marking off where it would go with light hold painter's tape, and even then I kept fussing with it because it didn't look straight to me.

I still need to apply the round logo to the clear window, but that should go more easily now that I have some practice. The next step is to apply the gloss clear coat to hide the decal seam.

Thanks. I ordered extras because I knew I would screw a few up at first -- which I did. Aside from the delicate nature of them, the other challenge is getting it on the Krups shell STRAIGHT. I spent a lot of time measuring and marking off where it would go with light hold painter's tape, and even then I kept fussing with it because it didn't look straight to me.

I still need to apply the round logo to the clear window, but that should go more easily now that I have some practice. The next step is to apply the gloss clear coat to hide the decal seam.
With that being said I think you have done a good job getting the stickers on! They look bang on to me :)

I'm necroing this thread.
My Mr Fusion starter piece arrived today.
20200421_132839.jpg

It arrived just as I was leaving for work so I havent had a proper look at it yet.
First glance though, it is in good condition, no scratches or dings. The glass lid on top is a bit loose but I don't know if it's supposed to be.
Looking forward to this build. I've orderd the Mr Fusion stickers, I don't like waterslide decals at all.

It arrived just as I was leaving for work so I havent had a proper look at it yet.
First glance though, it is in good condition, no scratches or dings. The glass lid on top is a bit loose but I don't know if it's supposed to be.
Looking forward to this build. I've orderd the Mr Fusion stickers, I don't like waterslide decals at all.

Scratches and dings may not matter...

You're going to need to prime and sand that bad boy, as am I.

Mine is orange too...

Scratches and dings may not matter...

You're going to need to prime and sand that bad boy, as am I.

Mine is orange too...
I know. I was looking at white ones but they were going for a lot more cash. I figured I would be painting it anyway so the whites matched up, saved a good few quid.

Good luck with your build, post pics.

I've had a krups at home for a few months. I still don't know how I can remove this lettering "Krups" without damaging the shine of the machine. Any suggestions?

I've had a krups at home for a few months. I still don't know how I can remove this lettering "Krups" without damaging the shine of the machine. Any suggestions?
Earlier in this thread is mention that T-cut will polish it right off.
I don't know where you're based, if UK then it is readily available. It is a light vehicle polishing compound. I have some and will be trying it soon.

View attachment 1289158

Looks like you've got some yellowing. ;)

Does anyone have a good source for water slide decals?
I have just managed to get my hands on brand new 223 still in its box, was also looking for a good quality decal for when I start mine. Some of the eBay ones look a bit off. Be grateful if there are any pointers on uk sellers? I did see Roland zubic posted a template for cutting but was unsure on how to use this as just starting out.

Hello! I have one Grinder to sell. It worked fine, until i opened it to clean it. Now its not working anymore. Is someone interested to it? Its located in Austria.
IMG_9600.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9596.jpeg
    IMG_9596.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9599.jpeg
    IMG_9599.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_9597.jpeg
    IMG_9597.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back