Unlimited Run BTTF Doc Brown see-through aluminum glasses / visor (acrylic)

Mine has just arrived and I love it.
0e34e585c2257ac3baeca4ac4d0105b3.jpg
d8a603570494ee4eee6a479ddea7e50c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mine arrived too. Nice pair of glasses for this price. I also have some spots on it that I can't wipe away. Nothing major, and I don't want to damage the finishing / paint trying to buff away the marks. I buffed away marks on acrylic in the past and that worked fine, but I don't know if I can do this on the glasses? I guess not on the inside, because there is the paint, right? But can I buff the outside? Is this just acrylic?

Maybe the spots came from the glasses moving around in the box during shipping. I guess some bubblewrap would have been nice to keep them from moving / scratching?

DSC_0656[1].jpg

Last edited:
I'll upgrade my packaging, it used to be fine. As for buffing, I suggest you use steel wool or soft metallic brushes, to VERY gently wipe it from side to side. This is to create the brushed aluminum effect so it will look like the prop, but the paint is actually on the outside, so don't buff too hard or paint may be scratched off. By buffing you will also cover up any imperfection of the paint or slight damages. Let me know if you need more help. I'll do a video over the weekend if I can find the time. :cool

I'll upgrade my packaging, it used to be fine. As for buffing, I suggest you use steel wool or soft metallic brushes, to VERY gently wipe it from side to side. This is to create the brushed aluminum effect so it will look like the prop, but the paint is actually on the outside, so don't buff too hard or paint may be scratched off. By buffing you will also cover up any imperfection of the paint or slight damages. Let me know if you need more help. I'll do a video over the weekend if I can find the time. :cool
Ah, OK, the paint is on the outside, good to know. You can't tell ;-). I'm not going to try to buff the painted side. Way to risky. Might give it a try for the brushed aluminum look, but I might wait a bit for your video, just to see the effect and how you are doing it. ;).

Received my pair. They're awesome, although they have a few small smudges I can't seem to buff out:( But I don't think I have to worry as my daughter has seen them and claimed them for herself, lol.

Excellent job for real though!

I made a short video showing how I mod the glasses to make it look like brushed aluminum, it's basically brush it with sand paper. I only have 320 grit around but I recommend 400 or more. Brush it lightly and in same direction, only take about a minute or two. Don't brush any harder than I did, or the plating could be scratched off.

Doing this will only blur the vision very slightly (it's too close to your eyes to notice), and also will cover up any paint imperfection since there's no clear reflection now.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back