BSG Pilot Chatter

FuseNova

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been toying with the idea of creating a looping track of all the BSG pilot chatter heard over the run of the series. Its for ambiance in the prop room.

Has anyone tried such a thing?

Any interest in a group project?

You point me in the direction of some Audio Capture software and I'll gladly rewatch BSG. Sounds like fun, would be awesome to have it loop in one of my long range radios.

I'm going to use DVDFAB to rip the audio but this wasn't freeware.

An alternative is to use audio output from BluRay/DVD to your PC "in" jack. Windows 7 has a built in recorder.

I haven't looked at audio editors yet but I bet there are there likely a number of freebies out there.

This will not be a quick project...

I was actually thinking of just watching it on Netflix.
I think the hardest part is going to be matching the audio levels so they all have the same familiar static and noise that we know and love.

Audacity is freeware, and far better than the built in Windows recorder. Not too sure if it'd be good enough for the editing though

An interesting idea. Definitely not a quick project. I've used DVD Audio Extractor from CA Studio in the past for this kind of thing. Not free but, then again, good software isn't. They do offer a free trial to check it out & it is modestly priced if you do buy. For editing, Audacity would be the best free option out there.

I thought I might be the only one interested in such a thing...

Lots of progress today. I converted season 1 to audio only files. Using Sound Forge, I'm able to isolate the center channel which kills most/all of the music background in most scenes. Identifying the scenes and blending them is where the real work lies.

To normalize the chatter and to use the "in cockpit" scenes with no static, I'm looking for a VST sound plug-in called SPACEMAN or COSMONAUT which seems to duplicate the static. If anyone knows where I can buy/download one of these guys, let me know...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back