BSG MK1 Viper - First ever build

Gaius Ross

Hello everyone.

My first post here. I'm starting a Moebius Viper MK1 and I watched too many YouTube videos about it, too the point I want to light it now. I've sorted the cockpit with panels so that they can be lit, but one thing I'm thinking of doing, is lighting the guns. I'm trying to work out if it is possible to drill a hole through them big enough to put a fibre optic strand in it. I then want to run all the wires back to a box I have which will have 3 buttons marked "Fire", "Turbo" and "IM".

So the idea is the Fire button is for the lasers and they will flash. Turbo is to turn the engine lights on and off. IM will be to turn the cockpit illumination on and off.

I've seen a fair few builds but none have had lights in the guns. Is this because it isn't possible, because it can't be I'm the first to think of it.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've never built a model before, so I'm learning quite a lot.

Thanks.

Getting fibers into the gun barrels might be difficult but if determined enough it could be done

I don't have the Moebius one, so I do not know the the pieces are in two halves or not. If so, that obviously makes it easier

If not, your best bet might be to carve a channel on the undersides of the guns, then put the fibers in there and fill it in with putty. You may have to do that at least to get it down into the wing part also

Another option if you can find the right tubing, is to replace the plastic barrels with brass tubing or similar

I did something very similar to this with my Moebius Cylon Raider

Getting fibers into the gun barrels might be difficult but if determined enough it could be done

I don't have the Moebius one, so I do not know the the pieces are in two halves or not. If so, that obviously makes it easier

If not, your best bet might be to carve a channel on the undersides of the guns, then put the fibers in there and fill it in with putty. You may have to do that at least to get it down into the wing part also

Another option if you can find the right tubing, is to replace the plastic barrels with brass tubing or similar

I did something very similar to this with my Moebius Cylon Raider

Thanks for your help. The wings are in 2 pieces, but the gun is in one. I'll put some thought into it using what you've said.
Thanks again.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back