BSG cubit gift set review

jediscout

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just a quick pseudo review of the nice set of gold and silver cubits from Anovos.

I ordered two sets & the packaging is really sharp looking. The box the cubits arrived in is cool--sealed with an over-wrap label you have to slice open--adds to the "unboxing" thrill.

8495706988_3c72e51f1c.jpg

8495706982_1630260391.jpg

The leatherette display box is very well constructed and as far as presentation goes--just perfect for these reproduction cubits. Each coin fits snuggly into a shallow cut-out. For average display needs, it's rock solid and the coins aren't going anywhere. A classy-looking presentation box.

Coin quality is very high. Heavy weight, very crisp detailing. Nothing less than what you'd hope for and expect. Really lovely.

BUT!!!

* Yes, sorry, there's a BIG deduct to this set IMHO *

During shipping, the product becomes damaged. All four of my coins arrived with noticeable dents and substantial surface scratching. Although the coin recesses in the leatherette box are great for display and hold the coins snugly--there's about a half inch gap from the coins to the lid of the leatherette box, with no interior padding (like a piece of removable foam, or paper stuffing)--just nothing to fill that gap. You can see here where they'll rattle around once they bounce out of the coin recess.

8495706970_51eb3b7290.jpg

So during shipping, as the package is moved from truck to truck, post office, etc--the coins just rattle around in their little leatherette box and bang & scratch the crap out of each other.

Now, if you're planning on cos-play with this stuff, that may not matter--the coins will clearly become more dented in pockets and pouches & show wear.

But if you want pristine cubits for display--well, none of the four I got can pass.

It was REALLY hard to get good shots of the dents cause the coins are super shiny. But here's a few that I hope shows what I'm talking about--darkened surface scratches, small dimples on surface and linear dents on sides: all from shaking around against each other.

8494605831_f75062ee33.jpg

8495706924_8d8ed91d56.jpg

8494605841_bcaa7db2d7.jpg

8494605847_e0b526e0cb.jpg

8495706962_d279c21569.jpg

Easy fix--some padding in the interior of the lid, just an extra layer of foam or bubble-wrap to keep the coins pressed in place. But that's not how they're shipping currently.

PLEASE BE CLEAR: I am not criticizing the coin or even box quality--you can tell how high it is, despite the damage that occurs during transit. I'm just disappointed that the box design didn't allow for more secure internal packing--so the dents & scratches could be avoided.

At their present price, I feel it's too much to spend on non-pristine product (especially considering the elegant display presentation) and I hope someone retroactively addresses the coins moving during shipping issue.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back