BSG collection Display

starbuckcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
mega1.jpg

mega2.jpg

mega3.jpg

mega4.jpg

Here are a few shots of the display my friend Mark (Bradleyfett) and I put up. Most of the costumes are screen used except for the Warrior jacket, Cylon and belts and boots. It was nice to see it all together.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
mega7.jpg

mega8.jpg

mega9.jpg

Dirk Benedict stopped by the display and I was able to take a few photos with him and my Cylon and that a dream come true. Ann Lockhart stop by before she was leaving and talked about the costumes and how uncomfortable the boots where to wear.

That made up for Herb Jefferson (Boomer) who I asked if I could get a photo with him and the Cylon and he just walked right by and never made eye contact and said “picture with purchase” :confused He then was on a BSG panel a hour later and spoke about how important the fans are.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Always wanted to attend Megacon but I just couldn't fit it into my schedule.

BTY, did you guys purchase the space for your display or was it provided by the con organizer?

Nick

Yeah - I got to meet Richard at a convention and he was fabulous! At the time - everyone was busy getting the comic artists and writers autographs so I was able to have a short conversation with him. It was great! He was a really really nice guy.

BTY, did you guys purchase the space for your display or was it provided by the con organizer?

Nick

The display space was free-of-charge. The promoter of this con is great; as we had hoped, she saw the display as something that would contribute to the show and was very accomodating. I did the same thing last year, on a smaller scale, with my Buck Rogers studio scale models when Erin Gray and Gil Girard was at the show. That turned out to be a great experience for everyone, so it opened the door for us this year.

The whole thing was a great experience, but Jim and I are exhausted after hauling all this stuff home. I have nearly half a dozen mannequins standing in the living room right now that will probably give me a heart attack when I come downstairs in the morning!

I also have to mention that fellow RPFer spcglider@aol.com (Gordon) was at the show all the way from Minnesota- it was great to meet up with him again and we even had some of his BSG items on display.

Mark

Last edited:
Mark,

If the Buck Rogers gang comes to another Megacon, I love to bring out my Starfighter costume and prop replicas and display it with your studio scale models.

Nick :)

That picture with Dirk is priceless.

The display space was free-of-charge.

Do they normally charge then?

A fee is understandable if you are selling, but if you are putting on a display surely 'you' should be paid if anything.

Shame that Herb Jefferson was unfriendly, the whole reason for him getting gigs at conventions like this is people like you guys keeping the BSG fires burning!

Loving the pics, keep 'em coming.

Well done guys.

Andy

Nick

Mark,

If the Buck Rogers gang comes to another Megacon, I love to bring out my Starfighter costume and prop replicas and display it with your studio scale models.

Nick :)

Nick,

That would be a blast! I'll be keeping my eye open for that myself- years ago they had Gil, Erin, Felix AND Thom Christopher(Hawk) at the show. Maybe lightening will strick twice! If you can bring your stuff, I'll provide the mannequins!

Mark

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back