BSG - Blood and Chrome - What ever happened to the pilot?

I asked Carmen Moore on Facebook. As far as she knows, it's scheduled to air in September, although there has been no word on it being picked up for a first season. She hasn't heard anything else beyond this.

I can't see how Eureka was that expensive considering the money they spend on the bad cgi filmed movies they make. I might give the pilot a try if it comes on, I really couldn't get into the first few seasons of BSG.

I've heard that Syfy drastically reduced the budget for Blood and Chrome, and that the quality is probably going to suffer. Hope it's not true!

I've been following this for a while and unfortunately it doesn't look good.
Sy-Fy is now saying 2012. First the Cy-thon (ugh) then tween Adama, and now it's delayed again.

Also does it bother anyone else that there have been no official pictures, and nothing was debuted at the SDCC panel? I LOVE the new BSG (and even Caprica), but this has crap fest written all over it.

Honestly, given that Syfy just cancelled Eureka over claims that it's too expensive.

SyFy is using their "How to cancel a TV show and avoid backlash" playbook that they developed when they cancelled Farscape. First, they moved the show to a time they know that would garner a lower viewer base. Then they used the same excuses too, saying, "Oh, another season of Farscape would have been too expensive for us to make. However, we've got a new series coming out, a re-imagining of Battlestar Galactica that we think you'll enjoy." They practically used the same exact FAQs of why Caprica was cancelled that they used for Farscape after they also decided to move the show to another day of the week after only showing about 10 episodes of the first season and waiting almost half a year to show the other half. SyFy as a channel needs to be cancelled, as there's not much "sci-fi" about it anymore.

SyFy is using their "How to cancel a TV show and avoid backlash" playbook that they developed when they cancelled Farscape. First, they moved the show to a time they know that would garner a lower viewer base. Then they used the same excuses too, saying, "Oh, another season of Farscape would have been too expensive for us to make. However, we've got a new series coming out, a re-imagining of Battlestar Galactica that we think you'll enjoy." They practically used the same exact FAQs of why Caprica was cancelled that they used for Farscape after they also decided to move the show to another day of the week after only showing about 10 episodes of the first season and waiting almost half a year to show the other half. SyFy as a channel needs to be cancelled, as there's not much "sci-fi" about it anymore.

Yeah, believe me, the similarities to the Farscape situation have not been lost on me. I made a comment to that effect last night on twitter.

Yes, I agree... Syfy is not doing right by its viewers and needs a major kick in the cajones.

Yeah, believe me, the similarities to the Farscape situation have not been lost on me. I made a comment to that effect last night on twitter.

Yes, I agree... Syfy is not doing right by its viewers and needs a major kick in the cajones.

That's why if I ever developed a science fiction or fantasy TV show, I wouldn't even have SyFy on the list of channels I would pitch it to. Honestly, I had hoped that the fans could pitch Farscape to Showtime, especially since SyFy took the Stargate franchise from Showtime and then called it "an original Sci-Fi Channel series."

But, alas, SyFy will eventually seal its own doom and will lose its old fanbase, unless they create a SyFy2 (like how MTV created M2, which became MTV2), which goes back to showing nothing but older science fiction shows and whatnot (harking back to how the channel was back in the 1990s) or get rid of all the none science fiction and fantasy shows and go back to the way it was meant to be. You can't have a channel that claims to show science fiction when it has more non-sci-fi stuff. It's like Ford saying their next year model of Mustang will not be a sports car, but an SUV from here on out.

The only reason why I'm still watching that damn channel is the promise of BSG:B&C.

That's why if I ever developed a science fiction or fantasy TV show, I wouldn't even have SyFy on the list of channels I would pitch it to. Honestly, I had hoped that the fans could pitch Farscape to Showtime, especially since SyFy took the Stargate franchise from Showtime and then called it "an original Sci-Fi Channel series."

But, alas, SyFy will eventually seal its own doom and will lose its old fanbase, unless they create a SyFy2 (like how MTV created M2, which became MTV2), which goes back to showing nothing but older science fiction shows and whatnot (harking back to how the channel was back in the 1990s) or get rid of all the none science fiction and fantasy shows and go back to the way it was meant to be. You can't have a channel that claims to show science fiction when it has more non-sci-fi stuff. It's like Ford saying their next year model of Mustang will not be a sports car, but an SUV from here on out.

The only reason why I'm still watching that damn channel is the promise of BSG:B&C.

Alphas isn't too bad, but I'm trying not to get too attached to it.

Why do SyFy, Fox and other channels engage in this behavior? Why produce the show at all if you are going to deliberately railroad it so you can create an excuse to cancel it? Why not save yourself the time and money and not make it it all?

What am I missing here?

Last edited:
I think the main U.S. networks buy the scifi shows when they have an open time slot. Then when someone comes in the room and yells "Hey! I have an idea for a new Hospital/Law/Police show!" they cancel anything remotely looking like scifi. As long as the lemmings in the viewing audience keep drinking up all the CSI, Law & Order, ER. etc. clones they will keep doing it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back