Bryar Pistol

BigJoe88

does anyone here offer a resin kit of one or know of were i can get one? or hell does anyone here have a rotocasting machine and feel like modeling one and running it through?

oh yaah the bryar pistol for those of you who may not know what it is, it is the side arm of kyle katarn, main character in the dark forces series of games.

I always liked this one made by Jedi Arkos. I couldn't find him on the member roster here.

bryar-vi.jpg

This picture is from the back cover of the graphic novel.

Bryar_3-vi.jpg

Arkos used to post on ASAP and the Rebel Legion but I haven't seen him in quite a while.

IIRC there is a build up of on in the Blaster section on ASAP.

D6

This is my take on the Bryar, I use ity for trooping in the Rebel Legion with My pilot costume

Bryarfinal2-vi.jpg

Bryarfinal3-vi.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, the build up posted on ASAP is mine.

If you want, I can copy and paste it here too.

iirc someone did another buildup that was a total hardware job. looked damned near perfect. i think the pic i saw of it had it on a display stand (showing a profile) and that data disc thingie on the side of it.

its been a few years though. right after JK2 came out for the PC i think.

its been a toss up through the years as to which is cooler, that or the GK han solo. im leaning towards the bryar myself :)

chris

*bumping this thread up*

Does anyone know where to find a resin version of this blaster?

If not, would someone with the available skills and time make a heavy resin version for me (and for some others who would be interested? ^^ )?

arkos_blaster.jpg

No, sorry I am not. That is why I would appreciate the making of someone else with the right amount of cash if he would be willing to do this :angel

At the moment, I just have this pic of Arkos´ gun. I did have 2 more pics from the bryar blaster, but they were rather sketches than original shots. I thought that picture would to do it (because of the three main perspectives), but I will look what I can do.

The "newer" Bryar gun looks like this:

250px-Bryar_negwt.jpg

But I didnt like that design much. I am more a fan of the old classic design.

norm46fbe943e8238starwakw9.jpg

(oh boy, i LOVE this prop!)

handpist.gif

Kyletarantino.JPG

Last edited:
I could repost the tutorial I used to make mine if anyone is interested. I have sold the pice since I don't costume Rebel Costumes anymore. But it was easy to do.

By the way: Would any builder be so kind to try to make such blaster? (Arkos-style or Koda Vonnor-style)

Last edited:
*bumping this thread up*

Does anyone know where to find a resin version of this blaster?

If not, would someone with the available skills and time make a heavy resin version for me (and for some others who would be interested? ^^ )?

arkos_blaster.jpg

Wow the Arkos style looks great!!

For trooping & shows etc, here's a quickie Bryar type blaster.

First, get a Super Soaker Devastator (or one of it's clones), break out the Dremel and whatnot.
Chop the Devastator down & detail as you prefer:

SuperSoakertoBryarBlaster.jpg

Sorry - CGI propmaking this, as I haven't found the base gun in the UK yet - it's a little early for summer! I have seen them in person. :)

C.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back