RIP Bryan Ono / Master Replicas / EFX

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sad news... Just learned former coworker and friend Bryan passed away - at a loss for words at the moment. Barry Jones posted this a little bit ago:

bryan.jpg

Last edited:
For those of you who do not know me, I am Larry Leung and I co-founded EFX, Inc. with Bryan Ono. It is with profound sadness and my deepest sorrow that I inform you that Bryan has passed away.

Bryan was more than a business partner, he was my mentor and my very close friend. During the 22 years that I worked with him - from our early days at Master Replicas to when we founded EFX - Bryan was always positive and strived for perfection in every detail. Bryan’s vision, knowledge, and colorful personality made so many projects successful and iconic.

Although Bryan has always been the face of the company, I have worked behind the scenes on a daily basis since its inception. Going forward without Bryan will obviously be difficult and challenging. EFX is Bryan’s legacy and I have every intention of continuing the work that he loved and to move the company forward in a way that is true to his vision and dream.

I have below my contact information. If there are any outstanding questions or matters that you have, please email me. It will take a little time for me to get up to speed, particularly since I am grieving the loss of my dear friend, but rest assured, myself and a very dedicated group promise to continue Bryan’s legacy.

Larry Leung aka Larbel
Co-founder, EFX Inc.
Larry@efxcollectibles.com

IMG_2675.JPG

A gut punch. I'm so sorry for the loss of Bryan and wish heartfelt condolences to all that will miss him as well. I'll miss our infrequent conversations greatly, especially how much we both shared the trials of dealing with Lucasfilm and Disney licensing.

The prop replica world will miss his work.

I didn’t know him, but I knew his name and I knew who he was. I’ve heard others talk about him for 20 years and everyone always said he was friendly, sharp, professional, dedicated, collaborative, and a nice, good person. I may not have known him, but I know his impact within our hobby and I know he will be missed. Such a loss. Praying for his family and friends.

I spoke with him twice on the phone, and I have to say I rarely enjoy speaking with people on the phone. I had so much fun talking to him, about a minor issue and then an exchange, that both times we talked for about twenty minutes even though the issue was resolved in the first few minutes. He was great fun to talk to, and I don't say that often.

Go be with all the Star Wars greats we have lost Bryan.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back