Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

Very interested, I am a 100% buyer post the movie’s home release and the access to material allows for a much more accurate design

Yes we will be doing additional accuracy passes once we have access to 4K screen grabs. I am also tapping my network to see if I can find some unpublished (not shareable) photos of the prop. No luck on that front yet though.

I think a difference is really just that your work is the only one currently ‘out there’ without accompanying images of a physical example (at least in progress). For me, a computer image is just an idea, excitement comes from seeing a real world hilt. And without that hilt, I’d not really share or discuss on social media etc..

I think because the differentiating factor for your run is quality of materials and accuracy, it’s expected that things will be quieter until folks can really see that detail. Assuming you’re right re the mother of pearl, once you have an image of that out folks will really pay attention I expect.

Still doing ever so minute tweaks. Trust me I am obsessing over every .1mm here guys, just as BRRogers and I tend to do...

once happy with lengths I will re-address all diameters (the emitter is too small right now)... but current state:

DFC556F5-0965-4270-BD1D-2F6018D244DB.jpeg

Tweaking continues...

Alright. So well I have gotten ALMOST everything lined up. Couple of chamfers I am missing. And unfortunately fixing the emitter ring thickness I got a little overzealous and so now I need to back them back off some. Haha.

However, emitter aside (plenty of tweaking there to do); things are getting SCARY close:

EC18971B-38A4-4F17-BB5B-C46039BC227F.jpeg

next up: back the emitter ring thickness off a bit, add the missing chamfers in a couple of spots, double confirm diameters and lengths using overlays of everything we have for reference.

then once that is done, I will revisit the grip fins (there are some needed changes to those) and build out the switch block.

My approach is to first confirm and double check the main cylindrical structures throughout first so that I can trust "markers" when doing the other structures. Otherwise inaccuracies will cascade.

Of course all of this will require another pass once I have my hands on better photos....

of course. No limit on "spots" we're gauging interest to determine run size.
At this point when do you think you'll have a sense of price vs. volume, ie if the run is 100 pieces it'd be $xxx but if it's only 50 units it's $yyy? Is that realistic? I'm sure it'd help some of us give you a more solid commitment.

At this point when do you think you'll have a sense of price vs. volume, ie if the run is 100 pieces it'd be $xxx but if it's only 50 units it's $yyy? Is that realistic? I'm sure it'd help some of us give you a more solid commitment.

so the big unknown is the plating and the mother of pearl. However that aside.... I am hesitant to speak for Lewis as it IS his factory...

buuut. Given the overall machining simplicity and what I know from our MoM run... I'd wager this to be around the $300-350 USD mark with at least 100 units.

that is a guesstimate based on mother of pearl blanks I've been looking at...

it's not gonna be $500+ it'll probably be $300-350... but I really cannot commit to that just my best guess on what I know right now is all.

so the big unknown is the plating and the mother of pearl. However that aside.... I am hesitant to speak for Lewis as it IS his factory...

buuut. Given the overall machining simplicity and what I know from our MoM run... I'd wager this to be around the $300-350 USD mark with at least 100 units.

that is a guesstimate based on mother of pearl blanks I've been looking at...

it's not gonna be $500+ it'll probably be $300-350... but I really cannot commit to that just my best guess on what I know right now is all.
Thanks that's useful. At $300 and assuming you guys wait for the digital release to maximize accuracy I'm definitely interested. Love what you guys have already achieved with so little material available.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back