Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

Little ways to go yet but... here is where I currently stand. Off by .25mm here, and a .5mm there.... but you can see it is getting awful close:

E97577A7-0A41-4158-9711-88DA35B7C1C3.jpeg

New improved emitter:

AE3F22E2-6549-41C1-B772-FAA2F11185C9.jpeg

And some additional dimension fixes. Getting ever closer. Still work to do... but coming along nicely!

A1E9CC4F-69E5-4C05-B5F0-4329C74119A7.jpeg

093B9A12-BFAC-4313-9D95-32CFA3AE8618.jpeg

1B59BDBA-E944-4008-BE8D-CA8F58518AA8.jpeg

DF14D12B-36C8-421D-ADEF-32472B552D66.jpeg

AD14ADC6-EA40-4768-9F60-E4ED370C0E7B.jpeg

I'm still not happy with it yet but I am narrowing down the list of spots that are not quite right, recognizing spots that should be fillets (rounded) and not chamfers.

I'm looking for sub .25mm corrections. BRRogers and I both will be satisfied with nothing less. I am reserving work on the pearl inlay parts and the switch box until everything else is correct because that will ensure proper dimensions for those items.

Most definitely interested. Beautiful work! I'm in NO hurry though, so take whatever time you need to get it right :D (y)

oh we will. Don't worry.

I do have a question for the group. We currently are standing at 29 interested. We are clearly showing the level of accuracy we are pursuing and highlighting areas many have missed just from the limited references.

my question to the group is this: Are we overestimating the demand for a hilt like this? I would have expected more expressed interest and we're not seeing that which is concerning from a run perspective. There is economy of scale so the more interested and larger the run the cheaper the costs. But with a tiny run the cost may place us out of market.

I expect some are price conscious and are reserving expressing interest until more info drops? Is that the case? Is there something that people are wanting to see before showing interest? Are people waiting to see our MoM Hero to demonstrate we can fabricate a breathtaking hilt?

Trying to understand the lack of velocity on interest for this hilt....

Please speak up!

Verity Cosplay
I'm a fresh member, so take my answers to your questions with a grain of salt.

Price is huge, and obviously difficult for you to gauge at this point. But yeah, I'm sure it's a stumbling block for people.

The biggest hurdle for me was not knowing what the thread was about from the title alone. I scrolled right past it several times because I didn't know what "The Princess" was. Once I finally clicked in, I got really excited. It might not hurt to throw Leia's name and the word "lightsaber" in the thread name.

Once again, thanks for all the hard work!

I think it may benefit to promote this on FB and emphasize the focus on accuracy. Reach a wider audience.
I've seen people express much interest with Korbanth, Wonderful Sabers, and LGT on Aliexpress all debuting this hilt. All with obvious inaccuracies.
The reason I found Anakin Starkiller's Hero/Yuma run was through the FB Thin Neck Sabers group(probably good place to promote as well), leading me to find the MoM design thread, then this!
Just my two cents.
Also with what Andrew said, pricing is a big part but with sabers you really do get what you pay for.

I expect some are price conscious and are reserving expressing interest until more info drops? Is that the case? Is there something that people are wanting to see before showing interest? Are people waiting to see our MoM Hero to demonstrate we can fabricate a breathtaking hilt?

So I'm a rather new member but I've signed up for a large amount of runs since joining.

As someone who is pretty new, my big issue is not only price but the quality. I've followed your MoM thread and it looks amazing so far so I did something different and expressed interest really early since I would really like an accurate, high quality model. Price is obviously a factor but I'm willing to pay more for a high-end item. I also don't like to express interest in runs unless I see a prototype or the final product. I have joined a few runs before images were posted but that's only because I have seen the previous run's quality before or I've seen another of the creator's product.

All that along with the thread not really saying anything that could hint at it being a hilt threw me off. I honestly only clicked because I saw 7 Chambers and I remembered they had a hilt I was interested in a while back. For me that was the only indicator. I'm still new to the hobby so I'm not really aware of all the big players. I've since come to appreciate your attention to detail so thank you for doing this run.

Last edited:
Ok. I did modify the title. I was initially trying to respect spoilers, but fair we can call it what it is.

i can't do anything about price yet, but I'll talk to Lewis and see if we can get a ballpark.

that all said. Interest numbers (or lack thereof) is going to impact price by a LOT. So please spread the word and get folks here and jazzed about this!

i expect some more traction once the MoM Hero hilt photos show up too since then you all can see the level of detail and quality we are pursuing.

If I had to take a guess, I think it's never going to be as popular because its a girly pink saber.

I think there are PLENTY of female Star Wars fans, and probably also plenty of males who would want Leia's saber (myself included).

but yeah, not gonna lie, I am a bit discouraged by the seeming lack of traction on this so far. The factory is going to either set a minimum run count, OR for a super small run the price will take us out of the range of viability.

so I am really hoping things pick up some as I continue to show progress on the design.

I agree - but for me the only way to explain the fascination with that final pug ugly Rey saber and the lack of interest in this almost Art Deco work of art is the colouring.

If I had to take a guess, I think it's never going to be as popular because its a girly pink saber.
Only real men wear pink.
Lol

Honestly I've seen lots if interest in it on FB, men and women. Especially when Korbanth debuted their's. While I am not too fond of pinks myself, you gotta admit the polished rose gold and chrome looks classy as hell and fits Star Wars' favorite princess.

I might be interested but would depend a lot on price for me. Love following this work!

"might be" is not something I'll mark. Note this is not a commitment to buy. It is an interest list to gauge potential market and determine possible run size.

we're not gonna be collecting pre-order money or anything like that.

so you're either interested, or not. No "might". :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back