Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

Here are some original concept designs of Leia saber.
We can definitely see art deco inspirations and other design intentions,
including copper (not rose gold) body

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 10.20.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 10.20.12 AM.png

Everyone,

So I wanted to provide an update specifically related to timing.

Just to set expectations this is not a run that is going to be shipping imminently.

As many of you know, Khal from KR is also releasing a Leia (and his hilt looks gorgeous). So first I wanted to be transparent about that and give folks who are less patient an opportunity to be aware of that run as it will for sure ship before ours. Khal has had a major head start and his is past the prototype stage and into production. So if you want to bail on our run and go for his, I completely understand.

Dimensionally I expect his to be also very accurate, tho he is going for a plated solution versus a natural copper sleeved solution as we are. Upon looking at his photos I do however feel he captured the key elements of Leia faithfully.

now. That said, Bryan (BRRogers), Lewis (Malaki Skywalker) and I are focusing on unwaivering accuracy and top quality manufacturing. This is part of the line we are doing and the Luke and Leia runs we have in flight represent this attention to detail and meticulous quality.

Based on time frames we are seeing on the Luke run during this pandemic and the lead times as a result, plus the current stage of our design and the time it takes to generate the drawings, I expect Leia to be shipping SOMETIME THIS FALL. If this happens sooner than great, but I wanted to ensure folks understand that there are many steps involved even after the model is 100% finished.

the general process is as follows:

1.) finish model (the timeframe of this is variable of course as we find more data and findings from simulations and design workload take up time.

2.) once design is finished there is a tedious process of developing machining drawings to fully specify every aspect of each component.

3.) once 1 and 2 are done, we are able to obtain pricing quotes from the factory and draft and negotiate a contract for the run. This process can take 1-3 weeks depending on negotiations.

4.) once the contract is agreed and signed, prototype work begins and depending on factory availability and complexity of the components this can take multiple weeks.

5.) once a prototype is ready it will be shipped to me for verification and sign off. This is an important milestone as signoff on sample is required to initiate full production. Shipping to me can take up to 2 weeks given shipping and customs times during the pandemic.

6.) once prototype is signed off it can take 8-10 weeks for all production to complete and begin shipping the final product to customers. If the prototype requires revision we return to step 4.

So when you apply the calendar math behind all of this I expect fall is a likely completion timeframe, but we cannot confirm until steps 1, 2 and 3 are complete.

I just wanted to provide transparency to all of you so no one is left wondering.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back