Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

Anybody have a suggestion on how to polish the aluminum to shiny on Leia's Saber? There are so many little rings and details it may be a challenge to do so. This is going to be a run to end all runs; so proud to be a part of it!

I fee the same. Rhodium can often look too white and shiny, and I prefer the aluminium’s aesthetic generally and also see it as matching what I saw on screen. I prefer the rose gold over copper as feel it will also look more similar to what we saw on screen and especially so over time. Rhodium doesn’t have the same appeal to me.

But I do love that you asked that question, and if budget and run rules let me get one of each.... haha
That's a concern I might also share, that the rhodium could potentially make it look too distinct from its on screen appearance.
The rose gold is awesome because many of us already thought it was rose gold, so it makes it fancier without really breaking the illusion for us. Plus it's better for longevity, so double win.

I'm not too familiar with rhodium but looking online it looks like a very bright mirror finish. I'd be hesitant if it made the hilt so bright that it started to diminish overall resemblance. In the movie it does look to me like a highly polished aluminum, but not to the level of rhodium's bright mirror. It still looks like aluminum to me. Rhodium might stray a pinch too far.

But correct me if I'm wrong about rhodium's visual properties, I don't own anything rhodium. I don't actually know what I'm talking about, maybe rhodium could still closely match the screen.

H7xTI5L.png

Also to be specific as to appearance. It is usually very mirror like and has a nearly identical luster to that of white gold and / platinum. One of Rhodium's common uses is as a repair/finish on top of white gold or platinum jewelry when they get scuffed and such. It is often used to fill the scratches or dents and then buffed down. It works well for this as the metals are nearly indistinguishable in this case.

that all said, yes the luster is different than aluminum, even high polished aluminum. Plus it is NOT cheap, so I feel we likely will abandon the idea.

i did want to poll the group tho to see if it is an idea worth pursuing or not. The sense I get is not. Hehe.

Do you guys like OLEDs? Personally, I can do without them but if you'd like them for the basic chassis lmk.
Below is the budget chassis for Verso. Golden Harvest v3, Proffie v1.5/v2.2, and CFX have their own as well. Y'all like? Any suggestions?
Specs:
-Fixed 21700 Li-Ion
-2.1mm Recharge Port
-High Amp Kill Switch
-28mm Bass Speaker
-OLED(needs adjustment)

Screenshot (32).png

Do you guys like OLEDs? Personally, I can do without them but if you'd like them for the basic chassis lmk.
Below is the budget chassis for Verso. Golden Harvest v3, Proffie v1.5/v2.2, and CFX have their own as well. Y'all like? Any suggestions?
Specs:
-Fixed 21700 Li-Ion
-2.1mm Recharge Port
-High Amp Kill Switch
-28mm Bass Speaker
-OLED(needs adjustment)

View attachment 1296062

this looks awesome dude... one request. Can we get a variant 2 that uses a kill switch and 1.3mm recharge? (Particularly for boards that are better suited for + line kills vs negative line ones). I prefer that method anyway better because you are sending much less current through the RCP and kill.

this looks awesome dude... one request. Can we get a variant 2 that uses a kill switch and 1.3mm recharge? (Particularly for boards that are better suited for + line kills vs negative line ones). I prefer that method anyway better because you are sending much less current through the RCP and kill.

Sure thing :D

I agree with Verity that 2 battery versions is ideal. One with fixed 21700 (or 18650 whatever fits) with recharge port. The other version with removable 18650.

As for OLED screens. Im not a massive fan but if the option is there, accent leds can always be put in there instead if the installer so desires.

Great work!!

Removable battery would be choice IMO. I think having an OLED spot is great, maybe add some rails to a smaller platform that could hold some strip LEDs easily, but could just cut the rails if using the OLED option? Maybe a slot on either side that mesh could be snapped into across the top of said LEDs....just spouting out loud now. Might be forgetting the budget part. :)

I agree with Verity that 2 battery versions is ideal. One with fixed 21700 (or 18650 whatever fits) with recharge port. The other version with removable 18650.

As for OLED screens. Im not a massive fan but if the option is there, accent leds can always be put in there instead if the installer so desires.

Great work!!

generally speaking if you can make a fixed 21700 fit, which suntzu707 already has, you should be able to make a keystone 18650 fit. I say this because a common tactic I use given the lack of a lot of 21700 chassis is to use a 18650 keystone one and modify it for a fixed 21700. This is a trick a number of installers use to jam a 21700 into sabers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back