Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

Off-topic question, but where might someone look as an alternative to buy a Ben Solo hilt? Thanks.

LGT Sabers and Warsabers have a version, appears they use warsabers soundboard (Russian) and LGT presumably do the hilt machining. I have one arriving this week via LGT, so could comment what they’re like when they arrive.

I‘m very interested in a Leia also, pending seeing how runs cope with the materials, hopefully without exploding the costs etc..

LGT Sabers and Warsabers have a version, appears they use warsabers soundboard (Russian) and LGT presumably do the hilt machining. I have one arriving this week via LGT, so could comment what they’re like when they arrive.

I‘m very interested in a Leia also, pending seeing how runs cope with the materials, hopefully without exploding the costs etc..

I took a look at the Warsabers website and it looks great! I only wish the weathered option had heat bluing. Which finish did you select?

Might want to take that one to PMs there fellas :)
I usually don’t mind rabbit holes, but we’re trying to keep this thread clean and on topic as an interest thread for specific saber: thanks

I know lots of folks interested pending price.

totally inpossible to gauge that until we determine plating and material cost as well as manufacturing and such. How many we produce also HEAVILY affects costing.

a run of 50 will be much more expensive than a run of 200. So YOU guys actually will affect that by how much interest there is.

that all said, we don't want to price ourselves out of the market so I would expect us to target a competitive pricing commensurate with other nice kit offerings of hilts from well known vendors.

we haven't even stated price of our Hero yet but I can guarantee that for what we are including in THAT kit, the price will be impressively less than what you guys might expect. But neither are $100 or $200 empties.

they WILL be more. However, not prohibitively expensive.

I can't throw out a number on Leia yet since it is WAY too early, but trust we push for the lowest prices possible while still offering a superior overall package.

After that I so want to write 'interested pending price' :)

However, interested regardless :)
Haha! My post was certainly NOT meant to dissuade folks from stating they are price conscious. Moreso to indicate a couple of factors: 1.) I can't even gauge price yet until we cost and 2.) price is heavily affected by run size.

but yes! Will jot you down!

Interested, but much more so in your V2/V3 version that will be made after we all get a better look at the prop and the saber is accurate rather than "best guess.
Based on the overwhelming feedback of desire for our Hero-level accuracy and waiting for better references, as well as the fact Korbanth already seems to have gotten the "first-to-market" trophy, it IS likely we will target the extreme accuracy conscious consumer as well as the luxury market with the precious material choices as mentioned earlier, fear not.

We will develop something you guys will be delighted with.

Yep. It's definitely a good choice to wait for better reference first. Which means I don't really expect to see much news on this thing until after the movie is released at home.
While yes, official release, prototype and lots of bustle around this will wait for the better references (which likely come when we can get 4K screen caps), there is plenty of work to be done. Dimensionally we are close enough to do a couple of things (which I am doing). Sourcing mother of pearl for blanks, looking into partial and targeted plating costs, as well as critical parts of the model such as overall assembly and initial dimensions.

My hope is such that we are super super close and everything is ready to pull the trigger on and once the better references come it is some minor tweaking to outer dimensions and some details we can't currently see but the overall design is done. That will allow us to get to prototype very rapidly once the references drop.

Hey all, here is just a little example of what the first to market offerings seemingly have missed:

37DF74F3-9CD3-4B88-B50C-A920679EEC27.jpeg

Not sure how folks keep missing this. There is a hex button head / fillister screw there y'all.

:cry:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back