BRRogers / Verity Cosplay / 7 Chambers - "MoM of All Heroes"

Verity Cosplay

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone. This original post will get updated as official news comes out, however I wanted to create a placeholder thread so that discussion specifically about our physical run, designs, and updates can happen and not cloud the MoM research thread which is more general in nature and highlights everyone's hero prop efforts.

If you DO want to follow all of that in-depth research, that thread is here:

If anyone has noticed, 7 chambers has already eluded to some of the dates and progress on our run. So I wanted to create a thread to allow and foster discussion.

Key things to note:

1.) Original preorder owners of the "Ultimate Hero" by Phoenix Props / 7 Chambers will have the opportunity to trade their hilts in for a "MoM of All Heroes" kit FREE OF CHARGE. The sign up form for these trade ins will open on January 2nd, 2020.

2.) For new customers wanting a "MoM of All Heroes" kit, there will be NO pre-order. This eliminates any tied up funds and waiting for a hilt to ship and all the logistics, contacts and uneasiness that results from a paid pre-order process. When the kits are complete and ready to ship, they will become available in the store for purchase and will immediately be packed and shipped. The price of the kit is going to be £275 (approx. $358 USD) with FREE shipping.

3.) This is an FX Kit, however, we are discussing a subsequent static run equivalent.

More details will follow when the prototype samples are complete, verified and photographed and we will at that point discuss what is included in the kit, timeline for full production (sooner than you might fear) and price point for new customers.

Features currently revealed:

1.) authentic clamp card down to every detail exclusive to this run:

06D9D49D-1979-4D6A-A463-16E9A238DB33.jpeg

2.) FX Helper Board to make FX installs easier:

690EDB81-A550-4EF8-9F46-96678120865F.jpeg

3.) ALL three windvane materials will be included in the kit (aluminum, bronze, and copper).

4.) FULL hot swappable grenades (idealized rings and canon rings) will be included ALONG with duplicate components to ensure a proper wiring assembly. So each kit will include the idealized and canon grenades. TWO reinforced neck sleeves, TWO lower emitter bells, TWO pairs of the cups (one for pixel and one for LED), and TWO windvanes in EACH material. This will allow you to configure this to your liking and still maintain hot swappable grenades.

4.) BOTH idealized and canon (off angle) arrow face plates.

More details to come...

More to come, and may the Force be with you all.

Last edited:
I will also add, despite prototypes of the base hilt well underway, our design efforts have not ceased.

To complement the upcoming hilt, I have begun designing the corresponding crystal chamber. I would love everyone's opinions, thoughts, feedback, reactions. If you hate it, tell me. If you love it, also tell me.

The intention to this is a pogo pin assembly for connectivity to the emitter very similar to hero chassis for other makers, but the intent is to be much more elaborate and also to be capable to affix to the hilt in a very sturdy and dependable fashion.

(I left extra female threads in the body for a reason... now you see why I did that).

What I am keenly interested in is the feedback from you all in terms of what people like to see in chamber designs and what things I may not have accounted for.

So here is what I have so far:

CF38B7C9-6039-4F6F-A492-4FF20E90B1D7.jpeg

78DD0326-3E05-4B68-90CE-B83B14B83A2C.jpeg

Another fun part about this crystal chamber is that insofar as we know... this chamber also will fit Anakin Starkiller's hilt as well. An advantage of our early on collaboration on designs and note sharing.

Looks like you mapped out the spacing between the separations pretty good (to my untrained eye). I guess you're going for screen accuracy?

TazMan2000

Looks like you mapped out the spacing between the separations pretty good (to my untrained eye). I guess you're going for screen accuracy?

TazMan2000
Correct. We've got an associated MASSIVE research thread on the screen prop located here:

I'm loving the crystal chamber!

I will say, if the crystal is gonna sit inside the finned area, I'd like it more if the little detail rods didn't obstruct the view of the crystal quite so much.

But, it may be just fine the way it is, I suppose it's need to see it with a crystal in there.

Such beautiful work from everyone!!!

I'm loving the crystal chamber!

I will say, if the crystal is gonna sit inside the finned area, I'd like it more if the little detail rods didn't obstruct the view of the crystal quite so much.

But, it may be just fine the way it is, I suppose it's need to see it with a crystal in there.

Such beautiful work from everyone!!!

the greeblies in the chamber are optional Dann. They are threaded so... just leave them out if you want more open area.:p

Original preorder owners of the "Ultimate Hero" by Phoenix Props / 7 Chambers will have the opportunity to trade their hilts in for a "MoM of All Heroes" kit FREE OF CHARGE. The sign up form for these trade ins will open on January 2nd, 2020.

Wow! Free of charge? That‘s very unexpected and much appreciated. Thank you!

Wow! Free of charge? That‘s very unexpected and much appreciated. Thank you!
Lewis will post details of the trade in when it opens. Note it applies to original preorders. Folks who purchased retail or grade B are not subject. This is a gesture to make amends to those folks who preordered an Ultimate Hero hoping it would be the Hero to end all heroes.

We are confident we have something folks will be truly happy with and want to extend that to the original folks who were expecting something more like this kit.

Lewis will have details when he opens the form on the 2nd so be sure to watch for updates!

9D07EF67-50E9-4B03-B0B0-89351174A365.jpeg
042D8B29-3269-44CF-8ACE-6A327C4A5FA0.jpeg
183B73A9-CD42-44E8-B929-C97984BE032C.jpeg

Ok, some exciting news related to the clamp cards:
I’ve been doing a TON of research into pcb manufacturing: both of the vintage and modern variety.
I am very excited to say that...
Not only will the clamp card have the accurate trace widths and surface detail in between... but it will be made with a blue pcb substrate, AND a custom soldermask color layering unique for this run.... unlike any Hero card to date and visually the most accurate ever attempted.
Also: 100% manufactured in the USA!
(I’m American, so sue me... We don’t get to say that very often when it’s the honest truth)

I honestly can’t believe I found vendors both capable and willing to do this... it felt like it took forever.

The card will be 2” x 18mm x 1/16” thick.
it uses high quality 2 oz copper on both sides. One, with the surface detail- and the other will be standard like we’ve seen before. So you can pick your preferred flavor for display.

In the above attached photos you can see...
-the custom blue PCB substrate (notice the edge)

-the custom soldermask layer colors (I’ve selected the “greener” of the tests).

-the comparison of the samples next to the original reference... hence my selection of the greener sample.

As we know from the MoM Hero research thread the cards’ coloration varies from shot to shot, but I believe these details will capture all of that variation.... represented beautifully in this card.

Thanks for all this! Just a couple questions, as part of the trade in with Lewis will that include that blue card you have under development as well as the pcb /switch solution in the control box?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back