Browning M2HB, M2A1, M3 & AN/M2 machine gun 3D printed - Terminator RSB-80?

One of my customers sent me measurements of an actual M3 Tripod. I was close with mine but it helps having the exact (or close) measurements and not estimating from photographs. Still, in order to make this printable I had to make a few modifications. Initially I was going to make the pads extendable but that isn't going to happen. Everything will still be able to fold up though. I still have to make a few doohickeys for the legs, but it's almost ready for printing.

M3 Tripod1.png

TazMan2000

I'm still designing the T&E (Traverse and Elevation) mechanism which holds up the M2, but have started printing the 'hub' parts. Despite the other half missing from the front section and without glue, it is surprisingly strong.

I will be using 3/4" copper plumbing pipe as a internal sleeve for the tripod legs.

Tripod 1.jpeg
Tripod 2.jpeg
Tripod 3.jpeg

TazMan2000

Upper hub glued together. The front tripod leg where I thought would require aluminum reinforcement actually is fairly strong. I designed meshed serated teeth on PLA washers to prevent the front tripod leg from moving once unfolded. It works great. I still have a day or two of printing the remaining parts of the main legs, but this contraption is turning out to be pretty strong. It probably would hold up a real weapon, but wouldn't stand up very long to prolonged recoil.

IMG_2678.JPG

TazMan2000

Upper hub glued together. The front tripod leg where I thought would require aluminum reinforcement actually is fairly strong. I designed meshed serated teeth on PLA washers to prevent the front tripod leg from moving once unfolded. It works great. I still have a day or two of printing the remaining parts of the main legs, but this contraption is turning out to be pretty strong. It probably would hold up a real weapon, but wouldn't stand up very long to prolonged recoil.

View attachment 1455647

TazMan2000
Unless with reinforced Carbon Fibers ;) Looking good from where I stand!

I still have to print the pintle which actually mounts to M2HB and some other details. Although not fully fuctional, the Traverse and Elevation mechanism slides to the left and right, and it raises and lowers, with graduations of rotation. The rear tripod legs aren't glued together yet. The slider for the Traverse Bar will be able to be locked in place with a latch.

20210509_122130.jpg

20210509_122236.jpg

20210509_122418.jpg

TazMan2000

Combat Engineer, Tried to get my Ranger Tab twice. Carried one of those beastly things over a fair number of mountains. I suspect yours is a bit lighter! I always wondered why the Army couldn't make that thing out of titanium or something slightly lighter!

It looks really good!

Combat Engineer, Tried to get my Ranger Tab twice. Carried one of those beastly things over a fair number of mountains. I suspect yours is a bit lighter! I always wondered why the Army couldn't make that thing out of titanium or something slightly lighter!

It looks really good!

I suspected that. I served in the RCAF and I was Air Weapons Systems Technician and eventually migrated into avionics. But as an armourer some of us got training in explosives ordnance and IED disposal in an army school where they inherently disliked us air force folks. We were mixed in with a course of francophone sappers who had time in the Gulf and Bosnia, but by the end of the course we were best buddies.

Yup, mine is definitely lighter...and collapsible, joberg . Great if you have a spouse that isn't accepting of putting up a large weapon display piece in the basement. :D

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back