Brotherhood of Steel T51B Power Armor

Lachtara

It is me again! I am taking a break from all of my other projects for a short while while I begin construction of my latest and most enthused project thus far. I am going to be constructing a set of T51B power armor from Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas!

Its a bird! Its a plane! Its... A REFERENCE PIC!!!

1024px-T51_power_armor.png4000-1-1234599851.jpg

I hope everyone has picked up on the fact that I only like to do costumes that nobody or very few other people have done. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY has there own set of T45D Power armor, it being the most iconic Fallout image and all... I however have searched and searched and have found two others who are building this armor. One person has a video on Youtube and hasn't updated it in a while so he may have given up, and the other guy is over on the 405th forum and just started the helmet. THEREFORE I must be the first to finish the complete set of armor minus the helmet. I will do that last. T51B power armor HELMETS are a dime a dozen. I want the armor. I'll be the coolest kid on the block. I'm putting every ounce of creativity and skill I poses into this build. I want it to be the best T51B power armor set out there! If anybody more experienced has any tips for me please leave them for me. Everything you guys have to say helps. Anyway, I have begun peping and have completed the groin with cod and butt plates, and both biceps. I will post photos along with more reference pics when I get the chance. OH! I will also post the T51B files as well for anybody else who wants them.... But only if you all promise not to out build me... Ahem. Anyway.... I am now on my way to the hardware store to buy all of the fiberglass, resin, bondo, and hardeners they have in stock! I'll see you when I'm poor again!

Alright, annoyed status update. The one thing that grinds my gears about power armor costumes that people make is that most of them don't actually fit the person who made them. Most people make the armor too big. The thighs sit on top of the shins and bob along with your legs, The groin armor sags, and the arms are too big around for their actual arms. One guy I saw made the pieces a tad to small, but it looked better than the bigger ones. After pepping the groin armor and arm pieces I decided to try them on and realized that they were much too big. I have rescaled, and reprinted and repepped the pieces and they now fit near perfectly. Foam pieces will have to be installed on the interior of the armor though, so it not only fits, but sits, and looks well while I wear it. I shall upload pictures by the end of the week!

Don't feed the Yao guai! That is all.

HELLO CAPITOL WASTELAND!!!

I apologize for my extended absence (if anybody noticed), but I have been incredulously busy with college classes and everything that goes with it. I am enrolled at the American Academy of Art and, as I’m sure we can all agree, art takes a lot of time and work. Anyway, I have an update!
Back when I first started pepping I realized what a monumental task this would be for me, with me being an amateur and all. So after spending zillions of dollars on printer ink, card stock, Rondo, Resin, fiberglass, and hardener I have decided to take my time with this so as to not get overwhelmed and keep the project high quality. My only deadline is C2E2 in April, but given my current conditions that may even be pushing it.

PICS!

Here are the butt plate and cod plate that go with the groin/waist armor. The butt plate will need to be made slightly taller, so I will have to add some material to it. I debated making these two pieces out of foam for comfort but decided against it. They will each have to be on a hinge though for ease of movement.
IMG_2820.JPG IMG_2821.JPG

These are the bolt/hinge thingies that hold the forearms to the biceps. I have yet to decide how to attach them... the last photo is the bolt/hinge thingy for the left thigh which I have yet to construct.
IMG_2822.JPG IMG_2823.JPG IMG_2824.JPG

Biceps and forearms! FIT PERFECTLY! :D
IMG_2825.JPG IMG_2826.JPG

And finally here is the groin/ waist armor. I initially made it too big, but now it is slightly too small. I will need to add some card stock to make it bigger round and also make it slightly taller.
IMG_2827.JPG

That's all for now! I am not sure when I will have time to work on this again, so I wont set a deadline. I am working on the left thigh now though, but I am already anticipating having to increase the size...

Stay tuned! And again ALL tips and tricks are welcome!

Last edited:
The pics are working for me.
Looking good so far. Your pep work looks great, much better than the helmet I'm working on.

Keep us posted, I really like fullbody builds.

-R-

Alright. I have an unfortunate update for everybody. I have met with setback after setback with this build and I haven't even started any real work on it. I still had trouble sizing some of the armor pieces, and that aside because of school I simply don't have the time to work on a project like this. I have no desire to start working on another armor set after scaling them again to only let it sit for months without touching it. The pieces took up too much room, and I don't really have the experience to tackle something like this anyway. I was really overzealous at the beginning. Anyway, I tossed the armor pieces that I pepped so far and I am suspending this project indefinitely. I may or may not come back to it in the future. Maybe someday when I have more successful costumes under my belt.

Thanks for Listening children.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back