Broken leg - how to fix?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

RobMetalCheese

So today my first figure (i.e. collecting wise, not ever ), the NECA 9" Alien from the Aliens series. As I found out earlier today, these are notorious for malfunctions, frozen joints and breakages, and I found out for myself since as soon as I took him out of the box the leg snapped off at the stupid knee joint. I tried the hot water/hairdryer stuff (a few tries with each) but no results. Any other ideas? Should I try hot water again, or carefully superglue the leg back on (I'd like to be able to pose him)?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Predian

So today my first figure (i.e. collecting wise, not ever ), the NECA 9" Alien from the Aliens series. As I found out earlier today, these are notorious for malfunctions, frozen joints and breakages, and I found out for myself since as soon as I took him out of the box the leg snapped off at the stupid knee joint. I tried the hot water/hairdryer stuff (a few tries with each) but no results. Any other ideas? Should I try hot water again, or carefully superglue the leg back on (I'd like to be able to pose him)?
I have mended plastic parts in the past but it needs a mini-drill to drill both pieces and then fine wire to glue into the holes whilst super glueing the pieces back together. Without the wire the piece will always flex on the weak part and break apart again. I did this on some Hot Toys Snap-Kits and Cosbabys where they had broken at the wrist and neck, they are stronger than before now.
On frozen joints talcuum powder may work to ease against the contact of the two parts.