Brisco County Jr Orb Refrence Screencaptures

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

nathanalaneller

I plan to make a full replica of this orb & wondered if you could help me with getting measurements of the sphere, rod & cap size?

Orb (01).jpg Orb (02).jpg Orb (03).jpg Orb (04).jpg Orb (05).jpg Orb (06).jpg Orb (07).jpg Orb (08).jpg Orb (09).jpg Orb (10).jpg Orb (11).jpg Orb (12).jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

BAZLOCO

Hope this helps !!

brisco county jr. orb/rod prop?

Here are the dims:

1 3/8th" diameter

1 3/4 " tall

Rod length only- 8.5" long, plus the cap

It's 1 1/4' to the part where the cap starts to taper, the sides are straight up to that point then round off.

The piece is gold chrome plated and weathered down. The actual rods are acrylic light blue with no light effects, they must have been created by computer.

ed-209

Sr Member
Those dimensions don't seem correct to me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. First it says the full length of the blue tube is only 8.5 inches long?
Then it says it's a foot and a quarter inches from front to taper. To clarify can you fill in the measurements on the illustration below. --Ed
Orbb.jpg

nathanalaneller

For starters, I'm making a small model to work out how to make the big one.
I'm using a 4 1/2 to 5 inch Christmas ornament for the sphere part. I tried to mark off a grid using a compass but, every time I check my measurements, there off an 1/8"th of an inch.
Anyone know of any tools I can use or videos on YouTube that describe how I could mark a grid on the ball? I want to make sure my rod caps, AKA in the case of this model, 1/2" PVC pipe, to be equally spaced around the ball.

ORB (1).jpg ORB (2).jpg ORB (3).jpg ORB (4).jpg ORB (5).jpg

ed-209

Sr Member
Great idea. Can you fill in the dimensions on my drawing above?
A=?, B=?, C=?, D=?
Thanks!
--Ed
PS: Psychedelicswag, if you never heard or saw the show...treat yourself and watch a few episodes.

nathanalaneller

can anyone guess the rod combination from this pic? unseeing the single center rod on the top as level 1
example: level 2 any first rod, level 3, 2 to the left of the first pulled rod, level 4, 2 to the right of the first puled rod

Orb (30).jpg
Orb (29).jpg Orb (28).jpg
Now I look at it again, I can't make out were the center rod is.

nathanalaneller

Update info on my Desktop Orb
9 horizontal levels, starting with 1 rod for the top & bottom level. 16 at the middle & section off in a 8 star vertical pattern.
98 rods all together

Dose that sound right to you?

ORB (6).jpg ORB (7).jpg ORB (8).jpg