Brief recaster announcement

TheSt.LouisKid

Sr Member
The recaster Ron LaVoi was previously known on ebay as "502smallblock".

I know of him since he copied my work.

He is well known for recasting SW armor parts and as I understand is he is the reason why some armor makers won't send to anyone in his garrison(? -sorry, not hip to the 501st club lingo so I don't know if I'm describing it correctly) which means a blackout of about 3 states if I understand it correctly. ...all because of one person.

He has since abandoned the 502smallblock user name and opened a new ebay account.

The new user name is "houseofdroids2011". For those of you who make your own master patterns please update your ebay blocked list to include this person as he has never demonstrated any remorse for recasting other peoples work.

Those of you in the SW clubs plase repost this information on your own boards.

But with the exception of a few people like yourself i've pretty much come to the conclusion that most other folks just aren't interested in who's a recaster or a scam artist unless it's their stuff that's been recast or it's them that's been scammed.

Amen to that! Most people want an item so much they will buy from known re-casters or scammers without a qualm. Plus, some buyers only look at price and let the ethics fall by the wayside.

Well I can say that up until joining the RPF and seeing countless posts and threads of good artists getting burned (as well as collectors), I was completely ignorant about recasting. It is those of you that bring this out into the open that show those of us that are new to the prop/replica world what to look for, and the importance of not buying recasted stuff ! So these threads have made a difference in at least ONE person !

If he is part of the 501st he should be tossed out. I am part of the 501st and this is HIGHLY frowned upon. If he is caught doing this and brought up on legion charter ...... he will be banded from the 501st.

I would head over to the legion boards and start a mess:love

Sorry this happened to you.

If he is part of the 501st he should be tossed out. I am part of the 501st and this is HIGHLY frowned upon. If he is caught doing this and brought up on legion charter ...... he will be banded from the 501st.
It is my understanding that the powers that be in his stormtrooper club(I don't know if he's official 501st) turn a blind eye.

I would head over to the legion boards and start a mess:love
If you want. While I like SW the legion boards are not where I visit.

In review of my past emails I did receive an email in Nov of 2010 where a guy in a club told me

"It’s because of Ron’s recasting that I will never be able to get my EPII clone pilot done as I live within the borders of the 70th explorers’ garrison and a lot of prop makers won’t sell to anyone in KS or MO for that reason."

I recalled three states but it's two. Regardless, it's a lot of SW fans being penalized because of Ron and his fellow group members who don't mind his behavior. This is yet another example of how recasting hurts the fans.

Sorry this happened to you.
Me too. Unfortunate he didn't take me up on my simple request to just stop doing it. He let things get worse.
In the end he settled out of court and some of his money became mine.

The wierd thing is that when he finally did respond he began knocking my use of 3D printing. He told me how easy and fast it is to CNC router parts yet for all his claims for the superiority of CNC parts he never explained why he still needed to recast other peoples work.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back