Brian's Pred Suit... Updated Fanboy Expo Pics On Last Page.

Thanks Ian, it's been a labor of love.  As with everything else I do, it's a continuous work in progress.  I've already started on a new backpack, and hope to do a complete repaint this winter.  I also have a set of Dead End armor planned, but that will have to come between new costumes I'm working on.  I need to learn when to say when and stop taking on work.

Brian

They have an event here locally called Boo at the Zoo which is basically trick r treating for the kids around the zoo.  Took the family last night and discovered first hand the difference between the convention crowd and the general public.  I got poked, prodded, dreads pulled on, and pushed around.  The worst part of it though was the jack ass who ripped the blades out of my gauntlet.  He wanted a pic with my blades at his throat, and of course had to grab the blades to show me how to do it.  The blades were torn out of the slide causing all the little ball bearings to vanish into oblivion.  The guy looks at me for a second then says "is that supposed to happen?"  Needless to say, I was not happy, and the guy didn't get the pic he wanted.  My son had a great time and was complimented all night on his costume, and scored tons of candy.

DSCN0717_zps57e9dce9.jpg

DSCN0713_zps8bd0f52e.jpg
DSCN0712_zps108ad4ad.jpg

DSCN0711_zps5572b6c4.jpg

DSCN0707_zps947acda0.jpg
DSCN0710_zps15bedd98.jpg

I have a few more pics I'll post once I get them all in order.  We had a great time, but the damage to my gaunt still bothers me.  I was considering going to a Halloween party/costume contest with cash prizes, but have since changed my mind.  From now on I'm sticking to the conventions where people are more respectful and appreciate the work put in.  

Brian

JehdinThwei said:
Cool pics.
Thanks for sharing. :)
Sorry about your suit. I guess handlers are always necessary. :(
Thanks, I'm always happy to share :D.  As far as a handler, my wife (who has become a seasoned professional) was there.  When you're surrounded by a group of kids who wanna grab and touch everything, along with my son who tends to need a little more support than I, it makes it hard for her.  It just so happened that the blade incident happened while she was dealing with my son.  The guy (a grown up no less) asked for the pic and I really didn't think there would be a problem.  Lucky for me it was the last suit up this year, so I have some time to build a new blade gaunt. 

Brian

alphatech686 said:
Dude the suit looks like it fits really nicely. Great pics.
Thanks Jeff.  I spent a few hours tailoring the muscle suit before even touching it with latex to make sure it fit well.  I've lost a little weight since making my DT dummy, so it's a tad loose around the middle, but that's better than being too tight  :)

Brian

Looks great man!!!! I just found out the same thing as you around drunk people but nothing a few HOURS couldn't  fix. But love your suit it was one of the inspirations for mine...

Shadowwalker said:
Looks great man!!!! I just found out the same thing as you around drunk people but nothing a few HOURS couldn't  fix. But love your suit it was one of the inspirations for mine...
You are braver than I being suited up around drunk people lol.  I appreciate the kind words and glad I could inspire.

Brian

Usurper said:
Looking great dude. Glad to see you already putting some miles on the suit :)
Thanks Lee.  Honestly, I would wear the thing more often if it didn't require assistance getting in and out of it.  I've spent the day repairing the blade gauntlet in preparation for tomorrow night.  I had no plans of wearing it again, but the local TV news station is having something at a park close by and I figured there's no better way to get some 'free publicity'.  Hopefully I'll have links to the news once it's aired.  Stay tuned...

Brian 

The suit is looking really great. Shame there's always someone that ruins the party! Aside from the gaunlet blade damage, how has the suit stood up to general wear and tear?

Giles said:
The suit is looking really great. Shame there's always someone that ruins the party! Aside from the gaunlet blade damage, how has the suit stood up to general wear and tear?
Thanks Giles.  It does seem there's always someone ready to take on the roll of douche bag.  Luckily, it wasn't anything too major.  As far as the wear and tear, the biggest problem I have is with the foam armor.  I have learned my lesson, and will NOT do it again.  The suit itself really doesn't show much damage, but there are a few spots that will need touching up this winter.  Considering it's been through 4 conventions and several outings I'm pretty pleased with it's durability.

Brian

So the annual convention (Fanboy Expo) was held this past weekend and I had a chance to suit up for a few hours.  They moved it to a new place which is probably 3 times the size of the place they held it last year, so it was much easier to get around.  Most of the pics I have were taken in front of our booth (R2 builders club), but I was also featured in both my costumes on blog called The Big Bang Life which was pretty cool.  I'm still slowly finding pics online, and will try and update with what I find.  Enjoy!

Brian 

big bang life small.jpg

big bang life small 2.jpg

fb1small.jpg

fb2small.jpg

fb3small.jpg

fb4small.jpg

fb5small.jpg

fb6small.jpg

fb7small.jpg

fb8small.jpg

fb9small.jpg

Thanks Tom, I try to get suited up as much as I can.  Not sure how many more chances I'll have so I'm enjoying it while I can.

Brian

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back