Brianna's River Run dress from Outlander

Itspidge

I'm in a bit of a pickle with fabric selection .I'm making Brianna's dress from episode 411 of Outlander, and I can't find a fabric that I think matches closely enough. She has a sort of bee thing on her stomacher, and it's really this that I'm concerned about matching. I thought about embroidering it on, but it looks like it's just part of the pattern of the fabric.
I've found a pretty close jacquard damask, but it definitely doesn't have the animals in the pattern that Bree's does. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• outlander-411-01.jpg
    outlander-411-01.jpg
    964 KB · Views: 931
Sorry that nobody has replied, and sorry I can't be of any help, other than to offer encouragement and props to you on your project.

Personally I think it's odd how little attention Brianna has got (as far as I know) in the cosplay community. She's a great character and has so many wonderful costumes. My favourite is her Frasers Ridge outfit...just the skirt is amazing.

I found something similar referred to as love bird damask. It is not a match for pattern or texture, but does have the mirrored birds.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back