Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour (2016), old timers must see!

scarf man

Sr Member
Hey RPF Brothers & Sisters! I've been kind of a ghost here for a number of years, & I'm no longer comfortable with that.
I'm embarking on a solo road trip from my home in rural Wisconsin, to Santa Cruz ,CA to visit uncles.
I'd like to finally meet some of you dear internet buddies in the flesh.

So, if you want a visit from me, & I'll be in your neck of the woods, give me a shout here or pm.
Let me know if I can bring any particular goodies from my collection to share or trade along the way. I'll bring my ANH Kenobi saber for sure, but would rather not bring blasters and such for obvious reasons.

I'll take any hospitality you offer, back garden to pitch my tent, or even a meet up for coffee or adult beverages.
For those of you that prefer not to participate in person, or are located back east or in Dixie, I'll take all kinds of advice for prep and sights to not miss and what not.

I want to add that I'm not in need or crisis of any kind, so I don't need any of these visits along the way, I want these visits.

I'm on the Facebook and the Twitter if you want the more personal side of the trip
http://facebook.com/BrendanADolan
http://twitter.com/Brendan_A_Dolan

Anyway, the details. South Dakota the first week of August, Denver & the southwest next, San Diego/ LA, then up the coast to the Bay Area by the end of August.
I'll update with pics and vids along the way, & keep you all posted.

If you're into suggesting music for me, hit the OT forum and check out the companion thread.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=263008

#healthysubroutines is a personal reminder, & a bulwark against backslides into my shell.

Last edited:

scarf man

Sr Member
Re: Scarf man's western road show

For you Easterners and southerners, I'll head your direction in the spring.

scarf man

Sr Member
Re: Scarf man's western road show

Update: I'd like to add that this trip is about mending old wounds and putting emotional baggage behind me with every mile.
I seek a clean slate from anyone I've offended or pi$$ed off around these parts and am available for a talking to if you feel I need it.
I'm staying with friends and relatives along the way that I haven't talked to in 15 years! This may be a new leaf here people.
Anyway, this thread will be the place to follow this summer, so keep in touch you guys, I know I will.

Last edited:

scarf man

Sr Member
Re: Scarf man's western road show Update 6/26

I'm also going Premium here at least for the duration of the trip, and will provide some cool premium content over on that forum.
I've cleared out my ignore list, & want off everyone's list in return.

Last edited:

scarf man

Sr Member
Re: Scarf man's western road show Update 6/29 old timers must see!

No solid logistic news, scedules are being worked out and there is movement.

This has snowballed into a distinct new chapter in my life. I've been dropping baggage at home and lightening the load emotionally at a staggering pace.
I've gotten rid of some white wales of guilt and grudge.
Extended family is going to be a chore. Much like Bertie Wooster, I've a complicated relationship with Aunts.
I've finally obtained the tools to build a healthy man. Catharsis is the real wonder drug.

Last edited:

scarf man

Sr Member

Bad idea... Never mind, sorry Adam.

Last edited:

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

@Jedifyfe Brad, I suggest we become friends on fb. I'll be updating there until this thread picks up, & it's just a better place logistically on the road.
I'm Brendan Dolan on fb, and I welcome the rest of you to follow along anywhere you're comfortable. My Twitter handle is @ Brendan_A_Dolan

I searched for you on FB. Maybe try searching for me Brad Fyfe

scarf man

Sr Member

I searched for you on FB. Maybe try searching for me Brad Fyfe
Will do amigo! I'll throw up a few links in the first post for those behind the curve.

Edit: Explorers?!?! Nice!

scarf man

Sr Member

Something occurred to me today that I mentioned on fb, but I'd like to expand on it a bit for this community.
I'm only a few days old. I wasn't born again, I was born of personal growth. So I'd like to introduce myself to all of you lovely people. Hi, I'll be your scarf man for the rest of our journey. You've met me at a very strange time in my life. Lol

Last edited:

scarf man

Sr Member
Re: Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour Update 6/29 old timers must see!

StarWarsChick I'm in ur chat lookin at your pug.
#chubs #wampug

scarf man

Sr Member
Re: Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour Update 6/29 old timers must see!

You can search Facebook and Twitter for #healthysubroutines
It's a personal safety net of good advice to my self when in crisis.

Sorry about all the edits, personal laundry, house in order now. Carry on.

Last edited:

scarf man

Sr Member
Plans continue to form & coalesce. Friendships are being mended with Art, & others. Good things are on the horizon.
Take it away you guys, what do you think?

scarf man

Sr Member
Sorry new fb friends, watch Fight Club and that's me. The final scene at least. I'll be moving to Twitter, and using fb for personal friend stuff. Healthy walls...

Anyway, this just became huge. Not the road trip, the new leaf.

scarf man

Sr Member
I've been on a little vacation and have to postpone the road trip.
Mods unstick please, I'll reserect this when I have news.