Breathing from Mask with bio ontop

Chucky

Ok here is my situation

I have a DBp1 Gen2 mask, and a bio to go ontop. Its not a undermask, its just a full out mask. Now Iam going to be wearing the Bio ontop...yeah going die hard on this, and really need some good ideas for breathing. The only holes that will be in the mask are the eyes, I was thinking the mouth but I dont want to make my mask look like...crap. Also buddy had an idea of a fan system but dont really want to have a fan on the back of my head ect.

So any good ideas out there to help me out so i can breath in the mask without sacrificing looks?

Maybe a few pictures of the mask itself? Make it easier to see possible places where you can cut the hole and keep it hidden?

i was lucky on my mask that the way the mouth is meant i could cut a slit and it couldn't be seen unless you are taller than me, few arewhen in the suit, i have some spare dread holes at the back under the dreads themselves, hidden, i was thinking of adding some there to, more too cool it down, but then realised it will make little difference, it's gonna be hot in there no matter what

You may suffocate from what you describe. Just go with a Half mask - so you don't faint.
Full face mask is to show off the nice paint job but with a Bio on top will defeat the purpose of a full face.
Please I don't want to hear this on the news some kid died of a Pred mask. A lot of people sell half face masks just check the buy and sell section.

Keep on living.

Drill some small holes behind the chin. Paint the inside (with a brush) of the holes the same colour like the spot where you made the holes.

You don't see them, unless you faint and fall on your back :(

I'v done the same with my Wolf mask and it's easy breathing that way.

I recall a post a while back about this very same issue. Can't remember who, but they made some ventilation holes in the mask and added a small fan to get the air moving. The fan was the small type used in computer cases.

Does anyone else remember this?

Thanx for all the thoughts gang. Ill try to post a pic up in the next few days, just gotta find my digi. What I was thinking as for one idea..again this would be my worry if it would come out cool looking is in the mouth piece where the throat would be cut a hole there and make some sort of "pipe" and paint it looken like a throat. So then put some material in the inside so i could just put my mouth on it and breath through that... But again worried it may look bad :(

Yah I read that article on the fan idea, same idea my buddy suggested. Just dont like having a fan placed behind me head, and have it shown...really want to look nothin but a predator :lol:, so looks are key especially with the suit.

Did some magical thinking again. And I think this may work, getting a scuba diving snorkle set "goggles and breather" and using the breather for inside the mask. Cutting half of the snorkle tub off and attaching some sort of flexibe hose and attaching it to the back of one of my dread holes..obviously making a hole in on of the dreads..dosnt solve the heat ect but ohh well I can deal with that :(

What do you guys think?

with my first DB P1 head and Bio combo, I toughed it out...lots of sweat! And I wore it for a fan film under lights and a 5 hour stint on Halloween. Learned my lesson on my next suit. My BadBlood suit has two different heads. The first is a monsterroom half mask. I installed a CPU fan inside the Bio directly in front of my face....I wondered if I could try the same thing inside my DB head. Small slit in the mouth area..in the folds. Apply a little hot glue to the corners of the CPU fan and fix it inside the mask ( by the mouth) hold it at an angle pointing towards your face until the glue cools down. it will stay at an angle blowing cooler air at your face. Works pretty well, but you gotta know that the rest of a full suit will wear on you as well. Hope this helped

My half mask has a fan in it. its on the bio. just like the led targeting system its powered by a 9volt battery. you can also get fans that if its gets to a certin hot point it comes on so you dont have the fan on all the time. but I perfer it on all the time. My very first mask was a very tight fit they eye holes were flush with my eyes and no opening for my mouth. ( this isnt the one I sold you one end but similiar) But the head was such a tight fit I had no room to move. I cut out a small squar in the foam which was like 2 inches thick and I was able to put a fan in there. fan went in about a inch and a half and then I covered it back up with a soft mesh screen. I also drilled out little tunnles in the foam so it could pull the air in. I was quite impressed with how it worked out.

batmanvspredator, question on that, how long did you wear the suit and did you feel "cozy" with the fan inside the mask? I know it problably was tight fit ect but could u move abit inside the mask, not like having the fan right on your chin or something. I think ill see about gettin a mini fan (s) in my mask and just hook up some sort of power thing to them and i think i should be golden.

9v batteries are all you need...you can find these setups on ebay all the time...they are sold often as stormtrooper fan set ups. The come in pairs with a cool push button on/off switch. Fallow the instructions they come with, but apply toward your mask or Bio

my head was very comfy didnt sweat at all. wore it for 3 hours or so. but as for my body itself. I was on fire. every chance i got I would stand over the ac unit on the floor. But my head was fine.

How about using some of the dread holes as intake and outlet for air movement by flipping the way the computer fans facing. You may need several fans to do this. I don't own a mask yet, but just a thought and hope it cross fertilze some ideas.

Did some magical thinking again. And I think this may work, getting a scuba diving snorkle set "goggles and breather" and using the breather for inside the mask. Cutting half of the snorkle tub off and attaching some sort of flexibe hose and attaching it to the back of one of my dread holes..obviously making a hole in on of the dreads..dosnt solve the heat ect but ohh well I can deal with that o_O

What do you guys think?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back