Braks and Mirax's Screen Used Spartan Hoplite from 300

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
While there are a number of replicas floating around, this is a complete SCREEN USED Spartan Hoplite costume from the movie 300. There were only approximately 15 of these costumes released from Warner Brothers to the Propstore of London and only 10 had swords. We were blessed enough to get one complete, with sword. We also were VERY blessed to be able to screen match both our helmet and shield from the final battle in 300. As you can see from the pics, we are working on a website (preparingforglory.com) to show this costume off. Hopefully it will be up in a few weeks and will include all the info we have on the costume as well as pics of each piece. If any of you are interested in attaining one of these magnificent pieces for yourself, Brandon Alinger is your man. I can't speak highly enough of his professionalism and customer service in helping us add this piece to our collection.

Note: The only piece on this costume that is not SU are the broken arrow pieces in the shield. I couldn't help from adding replicas into the SU arrow holes...

300_spartan_fullbody_s_01.jpg

300_spartan_fullbody_s_02.jpg

300_spartan_fullbody_s_03.jpg

300_spartan_fullbody_s_07.jpg

300_spartan_fullbody_01.jpg

Great find there. I've not seen the film yet but I've heard nothing but praise for the film and it's props. Congrats on a beautiful presentation.

It all looks great, but that cape-man it's fantastic. I don't think I've ever seen a cape I've wanted so much. Congrats!

Great costume..... but when are we going to see Mirax in it? Ha ha, just kidding.....or am I? No, I am...... or maybe I'm not. Seriously, just a joke......or maybe it isn't !

All kidding aside, I've always wanted a screen used.....something. How awesome to have a full and complete costume. I'm happy for you guys, that's really cool.

Great costume..... but when are we going to see Mirax in it? Ha ha, just kidding.....or am I? No, I am...... or maybe I'm not. Seriously, just a joke......or maybe it isn't !

:lol

Trying our darndest to get one of the dresses and you better believe if we do we will have pics of Mirax in it... The hoplite however... ehhh... not happening... :angel

VERY cool addition to the collection!!!!

The only thing that looks a little weird is the mannequin being in "perfect health" while the rest of the equipment is bloody and weathered :lol

Still, even that just shows off the amount of detail they threw into the props when they were being made.

I really like the arrowheads though. Having all the empty holes would just have been sort of strange looking...

Looks terrific!!!!

Very cool acquisition!!!

I saw these today at the Blue Ray booth at CES in Vegas - definitely screen-used:

300001a.JPG
300002a.JPG
300003a.JPG

And yes, that's the floating filming model of the Black Pearl from the 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

The original ~300% larger hi-res pics are over 3 MB large - PM me if you'd like them e-mailed.

Cheers,

Cheers,

- Prisoner 655321

:lol:lol:lol How bout pics of Brak's instead? It fits him better ;)

And seriously, a big thank you to Brandon who allowed us to come out and go through all the pieces he had available and pick and choose what we wanted, as well as getting us pics from the UK to look at those pieces too. We spent 4 hours at Prop Store in LA trying to decide what pieces we wanted and the look we wanted our Spartan to have. Brandon was very gracious to allow us to come on his day off and do so. We have been dying to get all the pieces in so we could get some pics up of the full display. This by far is the coolest display we have and is just very intimidating in person. We have it in the living room for now and just love looking at it. We had him for a little while without the cape (waiting to get that from the UK) and let me just say, the cape is THE piece that makes this whole costume. He just looks so much bigger and so much cooler with it, it is awesome.

Last edited:
OUTSTANDING!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Great score Braks and Mirax!! :thumbsup That is one awesome display! Very cool you were able to screen id it to! You know, the mannequin looks good with it, but what about painting it? Airbrush the muscles, abs, etc. so it looks as tough as the gear it's wearing...

You've gone this far, that would just set it off! :angel:cool

-Rex

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back