Boycott Parks Sabers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Dec 7 2005, 08:41 PM
albeit this post will make people think about dealing with park sabers but in the end they will or will not deal with him its up to there preogative

very true. Unfortunately moral backbone is in short demand these days.

[snapback]1130874[/snapback]​

Unfortunately, most people joining the boycott list have not bothered to get both sides of the story from the people involved, and have less than half the facts by which they are forming their opinions. I call that a lack of moral backbone, because the lack of effort involved is promoting intellectual dishonesty and moral laziness, while promoting a bandwagon mentality.

There are far more facts involved than were ever brought to light here on the RPF. If you want them, go talk to the people directly involved. I don't find that it would be particularly productive for me to present them myself, because I would be yet another bystander piping up with my commentary.

Originally posted by JediG60racer@Dec 7 2005, 10:32 PM
Unfortunately, most people joining the boycott list have not bothered to get both sides of the story from the people involved, and have less than half the facts by which they are forming their opinions.  I call that a lack of moral backbone, because the lack of effort involved is promoting intellectual dishonesty and moral laziness, while promoting a bandwagon mentality. 

There are far more facts involved than were ever brought to light here on the RPF.  If you want them, go talk to the people directly involved.  I don't find that it would be particularly productive for me to present them myself, because I would be yet another bystander piping up with my commentary.

The fact is expensive pieces in great condition were borrowed and returned in poor condition. Sounds like it was a struggle to get the pieces back to their rightful owner as well. Very poor form :thumbsdown .

This is indefensible so stick me back on the bandwagon.

Sign me up again for the boycott.

I don't think anyone blames parks (not even GH) for the missing parts. They were probably replaced by some unknown chinese engineer who had no idea of the difference. THe original parts were, most likely tossed in a bin of 1000 other identicle parts.

The blame, and hence the boycott is directed at how Mr Park's dealt with it. He blew off GH instead of taking responsibility for the rare items that were trusted to his care.

I don't buy sabers, so it means nothing if I say that I wouldn't buy from Mr Parks, But I sure as HE "Double Hockey Sticks" wouldn't lend him anything.

Originally posted by micdavis@Dec 6 2005, 08:33 PM
He still is a cool guy.

He has 10,000 customers, and pissed off a few people here.

They find it necessary to drag him through the mud.

"Rather childish really"
[snapback]1130226[/snapback]​

Untill it happens to you.

He is a total Ass imo.

Originally posted by JediG60racer@Dec 7 2005, 05:32 PM
because I would be yet another bystander piping up with my commentary.
[snapback]1130993[/snapback]​

:rolleyes Riiiggghhhtt. :rolleyes

Originally posted by gokarosama@Dec 7 2005, 09:27 PM
I've updated the list (12-08).  Thanks to all supporters.
[snapback]1131119[/snapback]​
Psst. I'm only a Nexus6. Not a 66. :D

Whether you like Parks product or not and whether you would buy from him or not, the man is a total jerk. I thoroughly despise him.

Originally posted by JediG60racer+Dec 7 2005, 06:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JediG60racer @ Dec 7 2005, 06:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Durasteel Corporation
@Dec 7 2005, 08:41 PM
albeit this post will make people think about dealing with park sabers but in the end they will or will not deal with him its up to there preogative

Unfortunately, most people joining the boycott list have not bothered to get both sides of the story from the people involved, and have less than half the facts by which they are forming their opinions. I call that a lack of moral backbone, because the lack of effort involved is promoting intellectual dishonesty and moral laziness, while promoting a bandwagon mentality.

There are far more facts involved than were ever brought to light here on the RPF. If you want them, go talk to the people directly involved. I don't find that it would be particularly productive for me to present them myself, because I would be yet another bystander piping up with my commentary.
[/b]

JediG60Racer, you really shouldn't lump all members into your little group that hasn't gotten both sides of the story.................I talked to both sides personally.................and it turns out that Jeff knew he was wrong and refused to remedy the situation. Period. You had better get your facts straight before you start blowing smoke.

Dave :(

Much would be remedied if Parks did several things:

1] apologized regardless if he didnt lose the parts. Take responsibility for that which he initiated. Any manager would be fired for doing the same.

2] Compensate GH for his original MPP, even if paid in reasonable installments

3] Send royalties to GH --especially because Parks is now profitting against GH's loss....this is the part that absolutely disgusts me. Utterly puerile not to at least offer a settlement.

....If I were GH, I would definately stick the book to Parks in a court of law.

Bigger fish have fallen. Im sure we have the resources and legal friends to assist in a case...there are ways to prove a case, even slippery ones.

I, for one, would be happy to use my research abilities and connections to assist in seeing GH get compensation for his loss.

Originally posted by JediG60racer+Dec 7 2005, 03:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JediG60racer @ Dec 7 2005, 03:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Durasteel Corporation
@Dec 7 2005, 08:41 PM

[/b]

JediG60Racer, I don't think anyone on here wants you to speak for us on what we know about the boycott, especially the signed. Your speculations on what we know is just that... speculations; but to claim unfactual nonsense, saying the majority of the people don't know half the facts, that's just ignorant. Just because we don't side with your opinion, it doesn't mean our opinion is based on nothing. as for your facts... now there is something you can base on nothing...

Respectfully, JediG60racer, I don't think you know what you are talking about. I posted the original thread almost a year ago and was very thourough in the explanation. I further posted all of Jeff's replies to me. I didn't leave any out. And one of our menbers further posted Jeff's reply to my thread. I think both sides were about as represented as could be. I'd be interested to know what further info you have on this. Maybe it would help me to understand why Jeff feels he is fine with making no apologies to me nor trying to work out a situation that went bad, that he was responsible for. The last guy who worked with Jeff and posted (Andy) made claims about our deal that were completely untrue; but please enlighten me if you have any truthful facts to add.

Originally posted by JediG60racer@Dec 7 2005, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately, most people joining the boycott list have not bothered to get both sides of the story from the people involved, and have less than half the facts by which they are forming their opinions.  I call that a lack of moral backbone, because the lack of effort involved is promoting intellectual dishonesty and moral laziness, while promoting a bandwagon mentality. 

There are far more facts involved than were ever brought to light here on the RPF.  If you want them, go talk to the people directly involved.  I don't find that it would be particularly productive for me to present them myself, because I would be yet another bystander piping up with my commentary.

I just read your summary on page one. It is loosely accurate. I didn't save my original writeup and honestly don't feel like rewriting it now, so I will just correct the writeup on page one with any extra info:

SUMMARY (correct me if my info is wrong): corrections in GREEN
1. Long ago, Parks comes on the RPF looking for an MPP for his new line of replicas.

End of the summer, 2003

2. Steve (Ghost Host) offers his, which is worth about 800$ and is perfect. An arrangement is made that he will get it back soon, and he is given a few Parks items for his trouble.

Parks offered one of his Aliens pulse-rifles as compensation for borrowing someone's MPP. When we originally connected up, I made a counter offer for one of his less-expensive items... one of his Sterlings. And, additionally, when he was finished, one of the parks MPP replicas. We agreed to approx. 4 months originally. BTW, I actually paid $827 for my beautiful, pristine MPP.

3. Months pass.

At the 4 month mark I asked how things were going. No response. Around the 5 or 6 month mark I did it again and got no response.

5. More time passes. Steve asks again. Then more time passes, and he asks again.

At around the 7 month mark I asked again and got a brief response that things were talking longer than expected. Around the 10 month mark I asked again. At this writing I can't recall if he responded then or not. I know at the one year mark I dropped him a note reminding him it had been a year already. I think his response was about the most comprehensive to that date. But it was basically the same answer. Taking longer than expected in China.

6. Parks MPP replicas go on sale (though incomplete).

Well I asked him about it again in Dec./Jan (approx. 16 months after I loaned it out) and Jeff says he expects my MPP returned soon and will send it to me as soon as he gets it. He also tells me he had to strip the paint off my one-step shroud, and has repainted it. :angry Not happy about this but what can I do at that point? A month or two goes by (I think late January or early Feb.) and I am hearing about folks getting their parks MPPs. Wait a minute... why are people getting their replicas and I, the guy who loaned the original, am not getting MY replica OR my ORIGINAL yet, being that supposedly my original was being shipped back with the first shipment of replicas?

7. Much much much later, Steve gets his MPP back. So he thinks. What he receives is actually his MPP tube, but parts are missing, and some original parts are replaced with replica parts.

So at this point I am pissed get pretty pushy with Jeff (NOTE: first time I get pissed or pushy with Jeff ever) and tell him I am seeing people get their MPPs and why haven't I gotten anything.? He gives me an explanation and I cool off a tad, as he says he had my MPP, but it was missing the clamp and he was waiting for China to send it. But he agrees to send me what he has in hand. Fine. Not thrilled, but satisfied at the moment. I finally get a package. It contains my original and the replica. The replica is nice, best yet, though a few details are disappointing. Then I look at my MPP. what's there looks good, even the repainting of the shroud. So I send Jeff a kind note to let him know I got the package and to compliment him on his replica. The next day I am looking over my original MPP and notice that more than the clamp is missing. The entire bulb-release section (black plastic piece and hardware) have been replaced with replica parts, as well as the thumbscrew on the shroud, AND the shroud has been retapped to use a parks replica screw. So I sent Jeff another brief, yet kind note to let him know that I just noticed a few more parts that are missing. I did not get pushy or mean in that note in any way, but had to tell him to add those parts to his search list. I didn't even go into the retapping of the shroud.

8. Steve inquires what's up? And gets no response.

Actually I got an immediate response (within a day).

9. He inquires again, and again, nothing. Finally Parks shoots back with a testy email saying if Steve continues to ask, he will never get any explanation or recompense, "RPF or no RPF."

I got a response telling me He'll look into it, but I'd better not be pushy or he'll just write me off completely, RPF or no RPF. I couldn't just shut up after this note and his treatment of me through this whole ordeal ...and now loosing almost half of my original MPP parts. So I told him so (NOTE: 2nd and last time I ever got angry or pushy with Jeff). He replied simply "Goodbye Steve".

10. Steve makes this all public, here. We, certain RPF members, start a completely unofficial boycott until Jeff is willing to settle up. At which time the boycott will end. The RPF staff refuses to take any position.

I tried to call Jeff at this time and spoke to Andy. Nice guy but defended Jeff's position to a fault. After maybe a week I sent Jeff another note to apologizeif I had come off too harshly in my notes... and just wanted to work things out, but that I was shocked at his attitude towards me and upset at the loss of my property. I further promised to publicly announce it once we have a resolution.

11. Jeff ignores Steve, and the boycott. Various RPF members blame it on China, on miscommunication, on Steve, on the cosmos. Various RPF members continue to buy from Parks. Jeff Parks never makes the effort to apologize to, acknowledge the dilemma of, or assist Steve.

Basically true, though jeff vaguely responds to my apology note through another member, taking a really twisted righteous position... with some Christian/prisoner rant, virtually incoherent and somewhat scary, which is how he probably meant for it to be taken.

I want to make it clear that I never called for a boycott against Parks. I don't want to be thought of as responsible for folks not buying their sabers and stuff. But I appreciate the solidarity, nonetheless. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting your info, Steve. It certainly does sound like a crummy (really, worse than that) situation. I actually just completed a group order through another forum with Parks, and aside from it taking a good bit longer than first stated, things went fine. I have to say, though, that after reading this, I feel very bad for you and your situation, and won't look to do business with Jeff again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back