Boycott Parks Sabers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this thread has pretty much guaranteed that if I'm ever in the market for a high end custom saber, Parks won't make my list... and I'll be warning others I know as well.

/sign me up

Slap me on that list too... I won't ever do business with someone that works like that.

Go talk to the folks at Randomsabers.com. Talk about kick ass work and great customer service... No, I didn't get paid for that little plug... Sheesh. :)

I wasn't on the original list(was I even a member here at that time?) but add me to this one.

I already boycotted Parks before I was on the RPF or knew anything about Steve's situation so I might as well be on the list. I decided not to buy from Parks because of what happened to Dave's group buy.

Furthermore the only thing I'd have bought from Parks is his USK, but I've since gotten several vintage 3-cell Graflex, a real MPP(albeit with the inaccurate stepped shroud), is currently collecting the parts for the OBW saber, and may soon have my hands on a real Kobold flash :)

I was on the old list, you may add me to this one. I bought a couple FX sabers last year instead of the Parks graflex I was thinking of before seeing the original thread. Last month, I steered a non-RPF friend of mine away from Parks, and he took his money elsewhere. :thumbsup

Had heard so many problems wouldnt buy from him boycott list or no boycott list. Saying that please add my name to the list as a message needs sent to this guy by as many members as possible.

It seems VERY clear there is a significant problem with Parks service -

Wow, I was seriously thinking of picking up one of his double-helix models and possibly one other sabre. I'm VERY glad I did a search and found this thread on the RPF before I made any purchase.

Add me to the boycott list. I will never even contemplate purchasing a Parks Saber again.

- J.

had hjeard over the years that in the past at least jeff was a decent guy, i havent ever bought anything from him myself, nor do i think i ever will, mainly because i get MR sabers or get real graflexs or heiland handles and get the luxeon parts needed from TCSS and convert MR sabers over to luxeon, or scratch buils a luxeon saber from the real flash handles.

so since i never plan on buying from Jeff, and the horror stories i HAVE heard, put me on the boycott list as well.

Thanks. Not surprising that over 2 (or is it 3 now?) years have gone by and Mr. Parks never dropped me any kind of note or tried to remedy the situation in ANY WAY. What poor character. :rolleyes It will catch up to him eventually.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amanaman @ Apr 5 2007, 02:47 AM) [snapback]1455675[/snapback]</div>
Is there any way of obtaining a <strike>Parks</strike> Graflex without supporting them directly?
[/b]

Sure get the real deal :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Host @ Apr 4 2007, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1455624[/snapback]</div>
Thanks. Not surprising that over 2 (or is it 3 now?) years have gone by and Mr. Parks never dropped me any kind of note or tried to remedy the situation in ANY WAY. What poor character. :rolleyes It will catch up to him eventually.
[/b]

Okay, I'm in. Let's say a strong gust of wind has knocked me off 'the fence' to this side. I'm not "giving into fear, anger or hate" as I have none, but I was hoping that by now that Parks would have been professional or courteous enough as a business owner, and man enough to do what ever it would take (reasonably) to make this right by you. I believe that this does affect all of us in the long run, because if this is how he conducts business up front, and behind the scenes, he cannot be trusted in private or business type transactions. So now seeing that Parks is not and/or has not resolved this in any manner, I believe the last recourse to help Steve is to show in 'visible' numbers the names of RPF members, the influence we may have to alert new members of this type of business practice, and if this list grows in a healthy powerful way, perhaps such support as 'strength in numbers' will help Steve get the resolution he deserves, and Parks the message that this unacceptable to a lot of members/people, not just a few. I am not trying to re-invent this thread/list, but rather show my acceptance, understanding, and apologize for not joining it sooner.
Please add my name to the list. Thanks

"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amanaman @ Apr 4 2007, 11:47 PM) [snapback]1455675[/snapback]</div>
Is there any way of obtaining a Parks Graflex without supporting them directly?
[/b]

You're kidding right?? Regardless of "direct support", 'indirect support' is still support.

1.) You're off topic here... Kinda way off.. :unsure

2.) WTB (wanted to buy, looking for, etc..) should be in the Junkyard..

3.) Please read all the 'caution signs' (replies in this thread), then read yours again.. Back away slowly.. :p

I'm going to assume you've recently watched "Full Metal Jacket", maybe?

SGT Hartman: "What do we have here, a comedian. Private Joker. Oh I like you...."

"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Havoc @ Apr 5 2007, 09:07 AM) [snapback]1455840[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amanaman @ Apr 5 2007, 02:47 AM) [snapback]1455675[/snapback]
Is there any way of obtaining a <strike>Parks</strike> Graflex without supporting them directly?
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Sure, if it isn't rusty, greasy, and just beat up. :lol

The real convenience of the Parks was the pre-drilled holes, but that's about it.

Sounds Like a very crappy thing to do ....not on the original list but I will make a point to avoid this company,so add me to the list .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amanaman @ Apr 5 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]1455988[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Havoc @ Apr 5 2007, 09:07 AM) [snapback]1455840[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amanaman @ Apr 5 2007, 02:47 AM) [snapback]1455675[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

But thats the best part .... the replicas are too new and shiny :lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amanaman @ Apr 5 2007, 12:57 PM) [snapback]1455988[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Havoc @ Apr 5 2007, 09:07 AM) [snapback]1455840[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

The real convenience of the Parks was the pre-drilled holes, but that's about it.
[/b][/quote]

Mine didnt come with pre-drilled holes.

Add me to the list. It is ridiculous the treatment given to someone and I myself have gone through a similar situation with a business and so I more than fully support GH.

Just fyi - the business I dealt with was not a replica thing per se - it was car - and mods...so though related in treatment - not related in replicas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back