Boycott Parks Sabers

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, you can probably add me to the list. I don't forsee myself doing any business with Mr. Parks anytime soon... :lol

I usually stay out of the potentially political threads, and I didn't participate in the last one...but count me in.

Jeff, who used to be a sort of "friend in passing" via the convention circuit, was a complete and total arse to me at CCSD this past year. Even his booth staff, in his absence, were not friendly people. I'm convinced that it was because I was in my 501st costume.

I won't do business with him again.

Pilot, I've added your screen name to the boycott and appreciate your support.

Just FYI, this boycott is quite specifically because of Jeff P's treatment of Steve. I make no statement about Park's character, product, business practices, or otherwise, except disappointment in how GH was treated. Parks may well be a perfectly nice guy in "real life." And as soon as he makes the effort to remedy the situation with Steve, I've no beef with him.

Anyone else care to add their name?

Originally posted by gokarosama@Dec 12 2005, 09:31 AM
Just FYI, this boycott is quite specifically because of Jeff P's treatment of Steve.  I make no statement about Park's character, product, business practices, or otherwise, except disappointment in how GH was treated.  Parks may well be a perfectly nice guy in "real life."  And as soon as he makes the effort to remedy the situation with Steve, I've no beef with him.
[snapback]1134039[/snapback]​

I'm on the fence as far as adding my name. Not necessarily to a legitimate boycott, but to this thread in particular. While your intentions may have been in earnest and you have not made such statements as quoted above, I see several posts that do indeed make such statements, and some are deliberate seemingly unfounded flames and name calling. Is this the support GH needs? Isn't that what the board has tried to steer clear from in the past?

I think the idea of relating the facts the way GH has done over time is great for alerting people/members to be weary of a vendor or another board member's practices, and to get some warranted public and private support. We do have some rules regarding conduct, and if Parks was/is a member, he would be subject to those rules. I realize that may not get back Steve's parts, nor right the wrong that was done him, but neither will wild text assaults on the accused party. Creating a (context controlled) boycott thread is a great idea to send a legitimate strong message to the person or business, and make others aware of something like this so they could make informed decisions based on the "facts". Not whether or not someone thinks the person is a good guy or a bad one.

All that being said, of course I think what happend was very unacceptable. Being in prop collecting for over ten years now, and a board member in good standing (IMHO) on and off for 7 plus years now, I have bought and sold to many on here. I have been burned by a few, but learned some lessons as well. I have never bought anything from Parks Sabers, and due to the "facts" I have seen regarding this issue, and other issues, I would not in the near future or ever until certain things were resolved. That in itself shows I am supporting GH and obviously semi privately boycotting Parks Sabers. I am just not so willing to jump on a public bandwagon holding signs or arms flailing. It won't get Steve's parts back, and may only incite others to act inappropriately.

I realize I am no one of influence here, and I apologize for seemingly hijacking or moving off topic a little, but I just wanted to speak my mind concerning what seems like it could (and already has in some cases) get out of hand, when it started with seemingly good intentions.

No apology necessary. Thanks for your support, and I won't add your name.

I don't and have no desire to control what other people say or do, in this forum or otherwise. I also have no idea of other's experience(s) with Parks--all are entitled to their opinions, and as long as they don't reach the point of slander or libel (or other relevant legal terms), I resist the notion that anyone should be muted because what they are saying may not seem nice.

A boycott is all about carrying one's grievances into a public setting--that is its very nature. No one HAS to join it, or even acknowledge it, but here it is.

I suppose I've learned better than to expect any action on Parks' part, but now that many of his customers are getting their MPP parts I wonder if anything new has happened on the GH front?

No, nothing. And as I've said before, a heartfelt explanation and apology would go a long way with me. The insult is almost as bad as the loss.

Viper I think I reflect your feelings. Some here sound as if they are just supporting the boycott because they don't like JP for various reasons. I appreciate their support, even if indirect; but my motivation for making my original thread was to inform some of Parks better customers of just how he treated someone who helped him, and what he thinks of the RPF. I was not calling for a boycott.

Originally posted by Ghost Host@Dec 20 2005, 05:08 PM
Viper I think I reflect your feelings.  Some here sound as if they are just supporting the boycott because they don't like JP for various reasons.  I appreciate their support, even if indirect; but my motivation for making my original thread was to inform some of Parks better customers of just how he treated someone who helped him, and what he thinks of the RPF.  I was not calling for a boycott.
[snapback]1140015[/snapback]​

Hey GH, I know we're on the same page with this, and even though it didn't happen to me, I am very sympathetic towards your loss, and I do support you and how you've handled it thus far. I also think it's great that some friends and fellow members are showing support by boycotting Parks Sabers (me included) until this is resolved, if it ever is resolved. I just wanted to point out just as you have now seen that some appeared to be using this boycott thread as their own personal sounding board. I didn't want to see that tarnish your issue or gokarosama's efforts in this thread. I truly hope something good works out in this for you.
-Mark

Sorry to hear it, Steve.

I'd like to be clear that I'm not cluck-clucking my tongue in some moralistic way. I've blundered before and treated people shabbily. No one's perfect. What makes Parks' behavior egregious is his unwillingness (his apparent unwillingness) to make any move to right the wrong.

Viva the boycott. Please remember Parks' dismissal of the Steve and the RPF should you find yourself admiring the new "Ultimate Saber Kits."

If he'd simply resolve the issue, I could get back to purchasing his products(as I prefer them over Lightech sabers ;):p). This not the first time I've stopped myself from buying items associated with certain people... and I'm sure it will not be the last.

I cannot buy something, in good conscious, from an individual that is not following through on hir/her agreements. It's lying(one of my largest pet peeves) and is an intolerable business practice.

~Joe

<div class='quotetop'>(gokarosama @ Sep 26 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]1326617[/snapback]</div>
Job done, thanks. [/b]

So, JP is making money off of the original MPP given to him from a member here and he never compensated, or gave an explanation of what happened? Why doesn't someone just take him to court? If he keeps going to Con's, why doesn't someone confront him about this?

I was in on the original RPF USK for an obi.. but when it began to take longer than expected, i switched my order to an ESB Luke (which i use to this day as a flashlight when walking around at night).

I can't believe how much things in my life have changed since I Put the original order in. (which too be honest i can't remember when that was)

1.We didn't even know that Lucas was redesigning Obi's saber for ROTS
2. EP 4 Obi saber emitter and booster were still a mystery...
3. no war in iraq?

anyways, put me on the list as well.

i'm glad companies like http://www.graflexshop.com/socket.htm has popped up. Anyone know if these are any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back