Limited Run Bowcaster Parts Run (Front Sight, Barrel Mount, Barrel Support/Hinge, Trigger Cover, Scope Mount, and More)

Here's the pictures of the new fully sheet metal scope mount in cad form:)
View attachment 1445978View attachment 1445979View attachment 1445980
I also got a bunch of trigger covers finished up as well this weekend!
View attachment 1445982
And these trigger covers are comparable w/ the trigger group that Portumac is making ?

To be honest, I think it would be F.A.B. If someone could lay out all the parts to show how they are installed and take some snaps as I’m a bit lost on where some of these go and how to attach them.

I don't unfortunately have one of those triggers to reference but there shouldn't be any fitting issues of the cover, since the trigger is recessed in the frames rectangular opening.
The cover sits right on top of the rectangular block near the back end of that rectangular opening, with the front of the cover hiding the triggers top.

I am working on an instruction sheet as well to go with the parts, so hopefully that will help.

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know that the triggers will be ready by either this Friday or this coming Monday. I will confirm over the weekend.

Attachments

• 20210426_161322.jpg
    20210426_161322.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 102
Where does the reference picture come from? It does not show the actual screenused BC IMHO, since the cord/ wire wrapped around the frame is too thin.
Has it been confirmed that a metal sling hook was used?
Hey Markus, the photos they are using "other then the screen used prop photos" are how I designed the strap hook for my personal bowcaster. There is a reason why I went with a metal hook over the other possible option of webbing/canvas. I do have reason to belive it was metal atleast at some point. If you want to know why I believe that shoot me a message or hit me up on FB messenger Troy sente.

Last edited:
Hey Markus, the photos they are using "other then the screen used prop photos" are how I designed the strap hook for my personal bowcaster. There is a reason why I went with a metal hook over the other possible option of webbing/canvas. I do have reason to belive it was metal atleast at some point. If you want to know why I believe that shoot me a message or hit me up on FB messenger Troy sente.

All fine Troy, thanks for the reply.
I was just confused by the seemingly "new" reference pictures, which were used to show the use of the metal hook.

I am tempted to use one of Portumac´s hook on my real parts BC, but the cast metal is a PITA to drill into

I just received this picture from my local machine shop, the triggers are done. One more part done for our Bowcasters, getting close. You guys can send their payments when you can so I can process the orders. Thank you.

Attachments

• Resized_20210429_075957.jpeg
    Resized_20210429_075957.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
All fine Troy, thanks for the reply.
I was just confused by the seemingly "new" reference pictures, which were used to show the use of the metal hook.

I am tempted to use one of Portumac´s hook on my real parts BC, but the cast metal is a PITA to drill into
Well drilling would be the most secure way to mount it, It's not 100% necessarily. I used E-6000 on the bottom of mine. Then wrapped the twine tight around it and used super glue every few wraps you make sure the twine would be tight and not move. It's every secure. If you're not planning on walking around for long periods of time with the full weight of bowcaster hanging around your shoulder you should be good doing it that way.

Hi everyone I just received the scope mounts today and also have an update on the hinges for the barrel support. Here's a picture of the scope mounts which came out amazing and I will have plenty even for the waitlists. I also fully assembled one with the trigger cover:)
20210429_184857.jpg20210429_180622.jpg
Here's a picture of the hinges, they don't have the attachment hole drilled into them as I had a few members ask to drill it themselves to make sure it fits their frames.
I have since for that reason decided to let everyone drill their own attachment hole so that it will for sure fit perfectly to your bowcasters frame.
(If you do need me to drill your hole just send me a message and I can drill the hole to 1.29in from top to center for you.)
20210429_185626.jpg20210419_001408.jpg

I am doing the finishing touches at this point and I am starting to get orders ready to ship, so thank you guys and I look forward to getting everyone their parts!

Here are the stainless steel real stock clips I had to make. I didn't want to make that many, but the set up time was too expensive at my local sheet metal shop to just make 2 or 3 clips. I'm offering each clip for $30.00, two machine screws will be included. The holws will fit 6-32 screws, or 6 sheet metal or wood screws. These will fit any frame. I think now we all be able to finish our Bowcasters' prop projects soon.
I got mine AOK last week- thanks!!

I just received Portumac s awesome trigger assembly. Holy cow this baby has some weight to it! It’s awesome!!
02FB3075-B8AD-47E1-852E-1C096315F68E.jpeg

I have done nothing to this bowcaster frame, as I’m waiting on getting every in first. I will say, as an impatient person, it has not been an easy wait.
However! I couldn’t help myself with this trigger. I had to try & pop it in ( nothing permanent ), & it goes right in so beautifully!!
A90A7CF1-549A-4D54-83A8-A5B57189E7E6.jpeg

3BE6F496-B77A-42E7-9D03-426ADA6CFDBC.jpeg

It’s been a very long time since I’ve “PEW PEW”’d around the house with my bowcaster... but I did tonight!!
It looks so much better WITH a trigger sticking out of the frame!

PROGRESS! It’s a beautiful thing.

Thank you Manny!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:);):D:cool::p(y)(y):love::love::love::love:

Just got all my stuff. My Portumac trigger arrived a day or two ago and my parts package arrived today.

I ordered everything and it is all awesome!!!!!!!

Question. How does the barrel mount, the U shaped cockeyed thing with the slanted screw, mount to the trigger cover/scope mount?

Thanks again to both of you for doing this.

I'm still working on the instruction booklet which will explain everything in more detail with pictures.

But first you'll want to raise the scope mount with the dial until it is as high as possible. Next loosen the diagonal screw and place it through one bracket and then under the scope mount and in front of the dial, then through the second bracket. Lastly using the dial lower the scope mount until it sits on top of the screw and holds it down fairly tight.

Also you'll want to insert the barrel and tighten it in the mount before attaching the mount to the scope mount and cover, as it will be easier to attach that way.
:)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:);):D:cool::p(y)(y):love::love::love::love:

Just got all my stuff. My Portumac trigger arrived a day or two ago and my parts package arrived today.

I ordered everything and it is all awesome!!!!!!!

Question. How does the barrel mount, the U shaped cockeyed thing with the slanted screw, mount to the trigger cover/scope mount?

Thanks again to both of you for doing this.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back