Bowcaster casts out there?

Not as far as I know.The Horton Magnum Safari is only $150 and frequently turns up on eBay. The Horton Magnum is the correct xbow that the bowcaster is based on. I have one along with most of the other original parts. This fall I'm going to make some molds and do a run of some resin parts.

A number of years ago there was a resin BC kit based on the Barnett Commando, back when someone "had a secret source at LFL that confirmed it was the correct xbow." :rolleyes

I assume it´s not from a real one: https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=646eedf0b754927ab11e1f8aa5d038d8&oe=56161E1C

Like many of his others builds it seems to be made from scratch - not always really accurate, but nontheless nice.

But ... resinstuff will not give you the same "feeling" like real stuff. :D

ROTJDDC015_zps9e0578d3.jpg

A squad mate here in town actually picked up a Horton from a local thrift shop for $35 bucks... won't let any of us touch it to cast it though... so frustrating... I'm working on him though lol.

Probably a Horton Safari Magnum. The original crossbow is the Horton Magnum and has thus far only been found in the UK and usually sells for around £500. It was produced in Wales and contains no markings identifying the model so you have to know what the crossbow looks like in order to find one.

$35 for a Safari is pretty good, though. Usually they are at least $100 more. They are a great base and it was this xbow that led to discovering that it was an earlier model Horton.

An RPF member posting on RPF's Fb page has been working on one. He been doing some nice stuff. I have no idea if his body is directly from a Barnett or if he is just eyeballing it but I think it looks really cool and if it comes out as good as some of his other blasters, I will most likely want to add it to my collection.

FYI the Barnett was the never the correct crossbow, I just mentioned it because back in the day someone claimed their "source at LFL" confirmed it was the Barnett. This was back in the days when people would believe such claims. Today we know that LFL has never had an original bowcaster in their position as it went back to Bapty's after production.

I've finished two molding two parts at the front. When I'm done I'll post pics and see if I should post a run in the junkyard.

Scott

I assume it´s not from a real one: https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=646eedf0b754927ab11e1f8aa5d038d8&oe=56161E1C

Like many of his others builds it seems to be made from scratch - not always really accurate, but nontheless nice.

But ... resinstuff will not give you the same "feeling" like real stuff. :D

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/.../Blaster/Bowcaster/ROTJDDC015_zps9e0578d3.jpg

I would love to get my hands on a real one or close enough..
Where have you got yours? pm?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back