Bowcaster Build - I think I’m ready?

Absolutely beautiful - fantastic job! I like the way you've hung it to display as well - I'll do similar with mine.

Thanks again for sharing all the steps along the way. It's provided me the inspiration to finally put mine all together and your WIP posts have been a very wonderful and very helpful addition to the community. Well done all around!

Dan

Absolutely beautiful - fantastic job! I like the way you've hung it to display as well - I'll do similar with mine.

Thanks again for sharing all the steps along the way. It's provided me the inspiration to finally put mine all together and your WIP posts have been a very wonderful and very helpful addition to the community. Well done all around!

Dan
Thanks Dan. Very nice of you to say.

Absolutely beautiful..slowly making progress on mine and used this thread for guidance so THANK YOU..

so, do you know where to get an accurate strap? :)

Absolutely beautiful..slowly making progress on mine and used this thread for guidance so THANK YOU..

so, do you know where to get an accurate strap? :)
Thanks for the kind words. The strap and associated bag come up on the bay on occasion. There is a thread or portion of a thread dedicated to the strap. It’s from a British gas mask bag.

Bumping this thread up - I'm finally starting my build! Got the stock all sanded and ready for priming tomorrow.

Cameron - might you be able to post a detailed pic or two of your front sling attached point? I'm clear on how the rear one goes, but the one up front is eluding me.

Thanks for this great thread - it's a wonderful instruction manual for this!

Dan

Bumping this thread up - I'm finally starting my build! Got the stock all sanded and ready for priming tomorrow.

Cameron - might you be able to post a detailed pic or two of your front sling attached point? I'm clear on how the rear one goes, but the one up front is eluding me.

Thanks for this great thread - it's a wonderful instruction manual for this!

Dan

Thanks Dan. Ignore the black hanging wire. Here ya go.

Attachments

• AC69DF60-8B21-44AC-AA97-7CD1F6ECBD1E.jpeg
    AC69DF60-8B21-44AC-AA97-7CD1F6ECBD1E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • FAE0C17D-B5DD-4D00-96FA-B6059CE6D7D5.jpeg
    FAE0C17D-B5DD-4D00-96FA-B6059CE6D7D5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • 936E1589-6D0B-4F96-A41F-F3A9467BA90C.jpeg
    936E1589-6D0B-4F96-A41F-F3A9467BA90C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
Ah ha - got it! Many thanks!

Just another question for you on the various black finishes on the various parts of this. The stock itself has that nice satin sheen. What about the rest of the parts - how did you finish those? E.g., matte/flat, the same satin, etc. Which finishes and where/what parts? Hard for me to tell from the various reference images.

Dan

Ah ha - got it! Many thanks!

Just another question for you on the various black finishes on the various parts of this. The stock itself has that nice satin sheen. What about the rest of the parts - how did you finish those? E.g., matte/flat, the same satin, etc. Which finishes and where/what parts? Hard for me to tell from the various reference images.

Dan

Every single piece is painted with sandable black primer. Then I either leave it flat, polish it or lay down a gloss or a satin depending on the part. The frame has a coat of satin clear and then buffed and finally an application or clear shoe polish.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back