Boushh Pepakura Works

t_bone9600

Hey all,

Since the beginning of my prop building/costuming efforts I've wanted to do a Boushh costume for my wife. A few years ago Skupilkinson, a.k.a. Skip, made a fantastic pepakura version of the helmet which I have yet to build and find greeblies for, but I've been waiting for someone to do the armor. So far I haven't seen it so I decided to give it a go myself. I began with a 3d image of the armor only that someone pulled from the SWG game. It was pretty rough so I decided to redraw and modify the whole thing using the original for a base to get the form. I tried to find a 3D image of the tanks but failed so I decided to do them from scratch using as many reference images from as many various sources as I find. I couldn't find any measurements anywhere so I used my wife as a model to measure since shes about 5'3", and... it's for her anyway. Based on that I think I've got it pretty close. What do you think?

MyBoushhArmor4.jpg

MyBoushhArmor2.jpg

MyBoushhArmor5.jpg

Now to get them built up.

Started this a few nights ago. Here is the armor so far.
MyBoushhArmorBuildup1_zps8005e69b.jpg

MyBoushhArmorBuildup3_zps95796ca5.jpg

MyBoushhArmorBuildup5_zps56e71b86.jpg

MyBoushhArmorBuildup4_zpsb207515c.jpg

It will work for me but I wish I had used a heavier stock paper but I thought I'd try something different. Oh well, live and learn. Next I get to tackle the tanks. I think they'll be a nightmare but possibly fun. Till next time...

Boushh armor looks awesome ive been wanting to do a set for my wife as well good luck on your build

Thanks!

Excellent. I am currently doing skip's Boushh helmet.

Great! How's that going? Have you found a source for any of the greeblies? I may end up trying to scratch build some of them if I can find good enough reference shots and dimensions. Unless I can find some one willing to sell some, that is.

Great! How's that going? Have you found a source for any of the greeblies? I may end up trying to scratch build some of them if I can find good enough reference shots and dimensions. Unless I can find some one willing to sell some, that is.

It's been slow going due to work commitments.
I am nearly finished, only needed to attach 4 more pieces before I start with resin. I have not looked into greeblies yet, I am thinking I will have to build from scratch too, which should be interesting since I have never done it before. I have been thinking on how to do the green lighting.

15C692C5-851C-4660-A1E3-05914CD11114-747-000001144A49211D.jpg

I have been thinking on how to do the green lighting.

I've heard of some folks using EL wire for the lighting in their buckets.

Will you be sharing the pep files for the parts you have made?

With the time I've sunk into this particular one I may put it out there for sale. I may have edit them some more though and get rid of some of the smaller detail parts for the tanks. I think some of the parts are gonna be way too small.

Last edited:
This looks like it is going to be awesome! Have you made any more progress? I'd love to see where you are with the bucket.

No progress yet. Time, weather, and a health issue have put a damper on things. As far as the bucket, I myself have not started that yet. I have way too many irons in the fire I guess. When I do make some progress, though I will definitely post it here. Sorry to leave everyone hanging at this point.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back