Boushh before Leia got her hands on the armor...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Epona_Rhi, Sep 14, 2015.

  1. Epona_Rhi

    Epona_Rhi Well-Known Member

    Trophy Points:
    521
    Hey gang!

    Lurking the board and facebook-group quite regularly I thought, now would be a good time to kinda "repay" you all for giving me the inspiration I need to carry on with my own projects. So without further ado here is my latest creation: The Ubese Bounty Hunter "Boushh" BEFORE Leia got her hands on his clothes and used them to infiltrate Jabba's Palace.

    It all started with the helmet. I was lucky and got my hands on one of Todd's great kits. Here are some pics of the assembling process:

    DSC_0016.jpg DSC_0023.jpg helm1.jpg 2helm1.jpg 32helm1.jpg 1helm2.jpg 132helm.jpg

    With the helmet done I started focusing on the shoulder armor. For this I tried the pepakura-way but without a 3D-image to convert. Instead I started from scratch and with some trial and error along the way, I was able to come up with this:

    armor.jpg

    It's made out of plastic sheets cut to size and glued together with a hotglue gun. Unfortunately this construction was a little weak so I reinforced it with a layer of Worbla from the outside, and a layer of fiberglas from the inside. Then I sanded the whole armor, added a layer of filler, sanded again, another layer of filler... you know the drill ^^

    armor1.jpg

    i also started working on the tanks. These were done by scratch as well:

    tank1.jpg tank2.jpg tank3.jpg

    In the meantime I started sewing all the soft parts for the costume. However I forgot to take pictures. Sorry!!!

    The only image I got was this one while making the cummerbund. Since it was such an annoying kind of work, I decided to make a meme out of it. That's why I managed to take this picture:

    sewing1.jpg

    I wanted to build as much of the costume myself as possible. So when I saw the belt buckle I said to myself: That's not too hard:

    buckle1.jpg View attachment 528587 buckle4.jpg buckle5.jpg

    As it turned out, the buckle really wasn't that complicated...
    buckle6.jpg

    For the bandolier I used the kit from MonCal since it was cheaper than buying all the greeblies myself ^^

    bando1.jpg

    As for the boots: I was able to get my hands on a decent looking pair at "Deichmann" here in Germany. They are not really high but since they are covered with the bucket tops, I don't care too much.

    So when I finished weathering everything, the whole costume assembled looked like this:

    Sebastian_Siegesmund_Bild02_Front.jpg DSC_0540.JPG DSC_0548.JPG

    ...and I am very happy with it. Next up should be the staff and a thermal detonator.

    Let me know what you think :)

    Oh, since I mentioned that this is Boushh before Leia got her hands on his clothes...

    DSC_0567.JPG
     
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  2. Wooly

    Wooly Member

    Trophy Points:
    191
    Very nicely done! Is there a voice changer?
     
    Epona_Rhi likes this.
  3. Epona_Rhi

    Epona_Rhi Well-Known Member

    Trophy Points:
    521
    Thanks! :) No, there is no voice changer installed at the moment. The only electronic part is a fan inside the snout of the helmet to keep the lenses from fogging up. If you have any suggestions for a decent voice changer, I'd love to hear about it. It's one of the upgrades that I'd definitely like to add :)
     
  4. Wooly

    Wooly Member

    Trophy Points:
    191
    I have heard the voice synth app for android or iphone is preferred for this character.
     
  5. Epona_Rhi

    Epona_Rhi Well-Known Member

    Trophy Points:
    521
    Thank you! I'll check it out :)
     
  6. Sym-Cha

    Sym-Cha Master Member

    Trophy Points:
    3,305
    That's a fantastic Boushh ... love the weathering ... always wanted to see a Boushh before Leia costume fitting :)

    Chaim
     
    Epona_Rhi likes this.
  7. Epona_Rhi

    Epona_Rhi Well-Known Member

    Trophy Points:
    521
    Thank you so much :)
    Weathering on the soft parts was done with acrylic paint and tea. For the rest of the armor I just worked with several layers of spray paint and added the details the old-fashioned way with a brush and GW-colors. The bandolier straps were roughed up with a file and a lighter ^^
     

Share This Page