Borderlands Psycho Mask Custom Paint Job

Ezra98

Hey everybody, I just recently finished painting and making this mask wearable. I bought the cast from a seller on Etsy. The first thing I did was cut and trim it with a dremel. Trimmed the outline of the mask, cut out the eyes and gaps between the fan blades. Once that was done I sprayed on a coat of primer. The mask itself already had a bit of a texture on the surface of it so I only lightly sanded on the smoother parts of it (eyes, rim of mask). Then over the course of a few days where I would play around with acrylic paints I landed the right colors I wanted. I used just regular white, gray, and a cherry brown mixed a little darker for the base coats. After I mixed a nice dusty brown shade for the "dirt" look. Between dry brushing and just slapping it on there and wiping I got it to have the effect you see in the pictures. That took me probably an hour total over the course of a couple days, I tried to get some time in when I could. Anyway, after I got it all messy I used two different painter pens to do the bold cell-shade lines which I traced by looking at a screenshot on my phone. Then I threw on two coats of lacquer clear coat. The harness is just Velcro straps and the eyes I cut out some screen, double layered it and hot-glued it in place once I had a small dome shaped bevel. Considering this is my first attempt at hand painting anything, I'm happy with it. What do you guys think? 20170801_152655.jpgScreenshot_20170817-171805.png20170818_181721.jpg1503617477596363.jpg20170930_121021.jpg20170930_121130.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back