Borderlands 2 Tediore Modular Rifle Build Log

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Mollins, May 19, 2012.

1. Mollins

Mollins Active Member

Hey guys, I've been posting this progress over on my prop blog, but since I've been lurking here for a while, I thought I may as well start a progress thread over here.

I've been wanting to build something Borderlands related for a while, so after having looked at the concept art for the rifle for a while, I decided I'd tackle that, since it'd make my life easier (plus, I like the look of the thing!)

So first off, for those unfamiliar with the gun here's the concept art that was released:

[​IMG]

I started working on it about 2 weeks ago, but have been doing so sporadically, since I've been working on other projects at the same time for customers.

Unforunately, I suck so hard as remembering to take lots of photos during my build, so right now there isn't a great deal of photos, however I'll be trying to remember to take a lot more as I'm continuing with the gun.

I've started off by building the pistol section, doing the main bulk of it first, before starting on to the grip of it.

It's built from sintra, with smoothing etc done with car bodyfiller.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I had gotten to this state, I added the part along the top and underneath, as well as the screw details and attached one of the side plates properly.

I also made a master for one of the small parts on the ammo counter, and made a quick mould for it, it does have a few bubbles due to my not paying enough attention with the silicone I bought, but due to the shape of the pieces it takes less than 30 seconds a piece to clean them up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next step will be to make up the plans to work from for the grip of the pistol section, or add the detail strip across the top.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  2. Mike J.

Mike J. Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Color me interested!

-Mike J.

3. Felgacarb

Felgacarb Well-Known Member

Nice- I'm not familiar with this rifle, but it looks blocky and purposeful- and you've got a great start on the build.

4. cephalopodprods

cephalopodprods New Member

That gun has a really nice design, I will be watching this thread ;)

5. Mydnyghte

Mydnyghte New Member

Haven't played Borderlands 2 yet, but was impressed with some of the weapons in the first game. Interested to see how this turns out. I've got to say though, the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of something Borderlands related is Claptrap:cool

6. Mollins

Mollins Active Member

Thanks for the interest guys =]
    I'm just hoping gearbox don't go and not put the gun in the game, or completely change the design, since the game isn't even out until September, heh.

So, today I got a start on the pistol grip, obviously it's very much still WIP, but I taped it onto the main body to give a sense of scale of this thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a mix of 8mm and 5mm sintra, and I swear, I won't be buying 8mm again until I have something better to cut it with, like a scroll saw, since I had to resort to using a dremel to cut the shape out!

I still need to do a bunch of shaping on the grip, and add parts to it, but I am starting to get this thing to look more like the concept art now at least.

7. AZNmastermind

AZNmastermind New Member

looks awesome so far!

8. Mollins

Mollins Active Member

Thanks AZNmastermind, this has unfortunately sat on the backburner for a while ,been busy getting other stuff made, but I hope to get it finished soon!

9. Loki1913

Loki1913 Member

holy skags....i hate Tedior, and i LOVE this build!!

any plans to put this on the market?

10. zackg007

zackg007 New Member

so..... Did you finish it? It looks awesome. Have you seen this one?

[​IMG]
    I just got myself the base gun they used and am looking for some carbon fibre to give it that Tediore finish. I'd love to see yours