booksandcorsets's 2015 March-May Sculpture Contest Entry

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by booksandcorsets, Mar 15, 2015.

1. booksandcorsets

booksandcorsets Well-Known Member

Hi all!

I started and finished this sculpt yesterday and did a bit of documenting on the way. From start to finish it took me about 6 hours, and molding it took another three.

I used an armature of myself and WED white waterbased clay for this. It's a silicone-safe WED clay so I can later make this into a silicone mask. I've been trying to teach myself to speed sculpt; I've been sculpting for about three years but this is my second experience with waterbased clay. Am SUCH a convert, you don't get a fine level of detail but you can move so quickly that it more than makes up for it.

Reference:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/fNjdNOU.png][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sculpt in progress:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finished sculpt:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MAAZ likes this.
  2. booksandcorsets

booksandcorsets Well-Known Member

I know it doesn't count for the sculpture contest, but I wanted to update this costume thread. I ended up casting this into plaster and then into silicone for ECCC at the end of March. I have a few photos back from various shoots. Not entirely happy with how well the eyes are blended in, but otherwise very happy with the general look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Michael Bergeron likes this.