Book of Eli style Machete & Sheath

Sandman0077

Sr Member
Not an exact replication, but it wasn't meant to be. I went with functionality vs movie screen by adding the retention strap to hold it in securely and a few extra rivets to ensure the thread didn't have too much stress. Took about 2 days total. One day cutting and measuring, another to dye and finish. All leather is hand cut (I couldn't locate any leather straps with matching color) so some straps aren't perfectly straight. Works and wears great and the grip is quite comfortable. I coated the grip and knots with leather glue and then buffed it a little, giving it a hardened but flexible feel. I left a lot of play in the shoulder and ribcage straps to adjust for whatever I would be wearing while using it. It's not a prop to throw on a shelf, it's for actual use outside. It came with plastic grips and a cheap nylon sheath, so I figured I'd do something nice with it.

14" Blade
19" Overall length
20" Sheath length
1/3" Thick

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back