BoneHunter ChinaJoy Promo Video

Uratz

Sr Member
Hey Hunters

Vimeo Streaming Link BoneHunter @ ChinaJoy 2010

Click this link to Download Video

This is a promo video of Mike Loh /Uratz at ChinaJoy 2010 Gaming Convention.
All armor is resin fiberglass designed and created by Mike. Enjoy. Special Thanks to my wife Sharon and friend Kim Jerbo for their hard work.

We will most likely do a more "exciting" Trailer promo in the near future and will be planning some sort of fan film

Video by Kim Jerbo

For more detailed info check out these links:

Flickr Photos of BoneHunter at ChinaJoy

Complete Armor Suit Build Thread

Chinajoy Photo Montage Thread

Loved the video! There was so many people taking pictures!! Im surprised you managed to move anywhere!

Thanks for all the comments.

I moved 3 times covering maybe 10 feet. It was damn hot I think I shot maybe 30 minutes in the suit and had to take breaks.
Also the place was closing down mad early at 4:30 and I needed time to get out of the suit, cool down and pack up everything without rushing or forgetting something at the Con.

I will be doing a Skin to fit my proportions in the near future and smaller half mask and Bio helmet. Oh yes and better armor designs!

Thanks for all the comments.

I moved 3 times covering maybe 10 feet. It was damn hot I think I shot maybe 30 minutes in the suit and had to take breaks.
Also the place was closing down mad early at 4:30 and I needed time to get out of the suit, cool down and pack up everything without rushing or forgetting something at the Con.

I will be doing a Skin to fit my proportions in the near future and smaller half mask and Bio helmet. Oh yes and better armor designs!

URATZ! I love that so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so awesome bro!

Thanks guys. I'm going to sculpt my own skins pretty soon!
First off... that is waaaay cool man. How fun that would be.

I have a question about sculpting your own skins (if you don't mind?).

I did notice that the suit looked a little "loose" on you (not saying it looked bad... just saying). I take it you are around 5'8" right? When doing your own suit, will you be doing a full body life cast of yourself, then all that follows before you sculpt? I am thinking that this is the only way to get an exact/proportionate suit for your size?

I am also 5'8", and currently sitting at 165. I want to build a suit, but don't really want to go the "Mr. Incredible/Flash" muscle suit route. Is it possible to get a suit that will fit you in proportion and size from doing a cast of your own body, molding it, and then sculpting it (I think that's the process)? I want to have a tight fitting suit when I start to work on one, but like I said... don't really know this process. :eek:

Thanks.

Random question. Where did you get the Predator's font at in the beginning? O.0 can't find that anywhere
Also Very nice costume! ^^ I love your work, wish I had enough $ to grab a bone hunter bio from you.

First off... that is waaaay cool man. How fun that would be.

I have a question about sculpting your own skins (if you don't mind?).

I did notice that the suit looked a little "loose" on you (not saying it looked bad... just saying). I take it you are around 5'8" right? When doing your own suit, will you be doing a full body life cast of yourself, then all that follows before you sculpt? I am thinking that this is the only way to get an exact/proportionate suit for your size?

I am also 5'8", and currently sitting at 165. I want to build a suit, but don't really want to go the "Mr. Incredible/Flash" muscle suit route. Is it possible to get a suit that will fit you in proportion and size from doing a cast of your own body, molding it, and then sculpting it (I think that's the process)? I want to have a tight fitting suit when I start to work on one, but like I said... don't really know this process. :eek:

Thanks.

The suit I got is from Ruffkintoy who makes them for big dudes 6 foot plus and 180lbs. I've even trimmed down the sides, arms and back to make it fit better. The legs are a bit big as well.

That is the process as you describe. Its a way to get an exact fit to your own body proportions. Of Course I don't have the best body so I will ask a friend of mine if he don't mind me life casting. His muscle tone and proportions are much better, and he's around 6' plus. What I'll do is hide inside this proportion with some minor padding to fill out the suit. Plus the skin will fit most guys around here so they can own a casting of the skin I will do separate parts like the arms separate from the torso/legs so that casting it will be easier. I can also store the mold in my tiny apartment.

The entire skin will have extra flaps so that I can glue them and it will provide strength and flexibility. The style will be more reptilian like alligator skin and like the Predators movie. I love the scales!

Random question. Where did you get the Predator's font at in the beginning? O.0 can't find that anywhere
Also Very nice costume! ^^ I love your work, wish I had enough $ to grab a bone hunter bio from you.

I'll PM you later with the font details. My friend found it and modded it look like from the Predators Movie.
Thanks for the comment and start saving $$ for the Bio :D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back