Bone-Hunter Costume Build

Uratz

Sr Member
Yes Folks I'm going to do it! Building my first serious Costume ever. Its never too late to start.

See the Highlighted in RED and you will know what I am hinting at.

BHLegend.jpg

I've Ordered Dreads, SKins and Masks from nice people like Bambooie and Ruffkintoy. Hopefully these Items are on their way (CHUCK!)
Yes I will be sculpting from scratch and molding the armor parts.

Gauntlets haven't decided yet but i figure I start with armors such as:

Shoulder bells
Thigh Armor
Chest armor

The rest:
Misc Back packs, Boots, Cannon, wrist Blades etc. are in planning
Not sure to build it from parts or sculpt/mold/cast way... yet.

Wish me Luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Designed some chest armor today. Basically its bone pieces from various prey he has hunted.
I kinda like the Pelvic piece for simplicity sake. What do you like?

Bhchest.jpg

I also did a Clay Pour of my Punisher Skull Mold seeing how the skull is similar to the Predalien it can give me a head start
to sculpt a variation of the Predalien inner skull.

clapo.jpg

Looking good mike!
I take it that the Predalien skull will be a shoulder bell or like Broken tusk's and wear on the chest?

Yeah i like the Pelvic as well, try not to make all of the armour better than the bit next too it, as this can be too much.
Just my 2c
Good luck with your build ,....this will be great :)

Yeah Tusky. Shoulder bell was for the Predalien Skull. Then 1 simple chest piece I don't want the armor to be too much either but gotta play with the aesthetics. I'm gonna do more concept sketches to make sure it looks good on paper...
Notes:
- BH will be more or less like Wolf's armor since they are both bad-assed Elders.
- BH will have 1 cannon, no med kit, no cleaning case. Still figuring out the gauntlets blade mechanism. Not sure on how to make it work.
- Back Pack and all armor should have a very Biorganic Tech look to it.

Mike I am soooo luvin this thread! well I got to admit I'm spoilt for choice, but I gotta say the spinal and alien work for me!! lol, I'm really looking forward to seein your design concepts becomin a reality!! :)

You guys are very kind.
Anyway started sculpting all day. Still got a long way to go to make it detailed and exaggerating some features.
I will have to add more bone like details and cracks later.

Predaskullstart.jpg

I got my new Bambooie Dreads (54x long ones!) and a used DBP1 Head I stripped the old dreads off gave it a good washing and after its dry I'll patch it up and add some custom Bone dread rings :)
I'm starting to realize that my build list is getting bigger and bigger.

Now that I got new and old dreads I am planning to economize it by using the "hero" dreads on the outside edges of the Head and the old ones inside to fill out the predator mask.

Oh I want to thank Bambooie for the Professional service.It was packed in a special sized box just for the dreads, looked like a sniper rifle could've been in it... Quick shipping also!

oldnewdreads.jpg

DSC02085.jpg

:) that was cool to watch, you have some real talent there
Cant wait till we finally find a house so i can get back into my sculpting

and again dude, excited to see how the rest of the costume turns out

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back