celtic0130

Hunters!..
need your help!!...
Is it possible to make a
body suit made from a
FOAM??

If it's possible... Do you have
some pictures and some instructions how
to make one... and the finished product of it..
TnX!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never heard of this method but idk what you mean...i have seen some suits that look more like muscle suits which are foam and were more than likely purchased and moded...i havent been a member long but i have never heard of a foam suit from scratch that i can recall

Not made of straight foam be way to warm. Im planning to use an idea from a looked up online that made a exveemon cosplay, it was really good btw. He made a unitard, mapped out where he was going to put the muscles and stitched pockets to put the muscles made of foam in. That may it looks more real, the made another unitard just a hair bigger to go over it like skin. I am going to do that, but cover the unitard in laitex when all is said and done. http://www.raptorarts.com/CostumeDigimon.html

Well there is foam latex but its quite expensive and only has a foaming agent in it. I think the unitard + foam muscles + latex is a great way to go.
I believe a member here(if not, then he's on youtube, look up 'huntorial') that made a mask with working mandibles that was made entirely of foam.

how is a foam suit any hotter than a latex suit? foam might actually breath ever so slightly more.

IDK........im talking about material like upholstery foam....the feeling of that on my skin would just make me warm...like a sweater...latex traps heat and moisture....the foam would trap heat but absorb sweat and well....now that i think about it would just feel wet on my skin....but i think once the foam is drenched it will trap more heat...IDK..depends what foam its made out of i guess.......i also wonder if a foam suit when wet...wont it get heavy if wet enuf??

I wonder if i can make a body suit made of foam...
I mean its not actually the whole suit is foam...
Only the muscles are made from foam like in this video..
BFX muscle suit

that is exactly one good way of doing it. Actually have used this method for quicky suits for television shows. I glued the foam to a unitard (on a life form) after carving the foam with an electric knife ..then I carved it some more for detail. First, I drew templates of muscles on tracing paper held over the bodysuit to gauge how big to make them ..I cut the template out ..pinned it to the sheet foam..then traced around it. I then cut out the foam piece and used super 77 spray adhesive on both the muscle and the corresponding section of the unitard ..let the glue air set for about a minute then pres it onto the suit....carve the detail after. I usually use this method when doing a fur suit ( ape, Yeti, etc) ...glue down sheet spandex or nylon, wrapping around the muscle and onto the unitard ( this helps prevent these muscles from popping off from strain) my next step would usually be adding an underfur that is sold by the yard. After that is down, I hand lay longer strands of synthetic hair to add a more natural, wild look. If you exclude the fur, you basically have made a custom Mr. I suit ..you can paint latex up in coats to give it more of a natural "skin" look.
As far as the heat ..hey, any suit is hot ...you are gonna have to tough it out either way. It aint easy looking good

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back