Boba Fett's Slave I from Fine Molds

Spiker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Did you see the pics on RS from Fine Molds newest kit ?: Slave 1

I have a problem with the size. All Fine Molds kits are in 1:72 scale. Jango's Slave was in 1:72 scale and correct. No they just remolded Jango's to Boba's in the same size but Boba's should be smaller.

Looking at the original model the Boba Fett pilot figure is slightly bigger than the cgi pilots of Episode 2 (i guess about 30%). SS Slave 1

So the main error comes from Lucasfilm.
Your thoughts ?

In the real life SW universe the ships are suppose to be the same size as they are the same ship just updated over the years.

Prop/Cgi is different then the real world universe and shouldn't be used to judge sizes the sizes, you shouldn't compare the two because it will give you a headach. :lol

Seriously, Finemolds did the right thing by making them the same size, if they didn't they would get a lot of flack for it because it wouldn't make any sence to do so because they are hte same ship.

Any difference in size would look silly.

My thoughts,
Lynn

How exactly do you figure it's supposed to be smaller since it's the same ship? Scale has nothing to do with how the little ILM figures related to the size of the studio mini.

Of course scale has to do with the size of the pilots. The OT Boba Pilot was in 1:24 so the studiomodel was 1:24.
ILM made Jangos CGI Slave 1 defenitly bigger (i am talking of the cockpit and relation of the pilots to the ship only).
I guess it has to do with Jango & Boba sitting together in the cockpit.
For the model: I am only interested in perfect replicas of the SS model. If not SS sized the scale must be right (but thats just my opinion).
But i am going for studio scale stuff only in the future anyways :D
Was just wondering if anybody has problems with the Fine Molds size/scale differences.

The ships are the same size, period, it is the same ship.

He could have made his cockpit smaller as one of his mods to accomodate his needs.

Lynn

<div class='quotetop'>(Jockavich @ May 25 2006, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1250353[/snapback]</div>
Are the fine mold kits hard to put together?[/b]
Of course, the ease of any build has a lot to do with the experience of the builder and the desired quality of the final result.

That said, the Fine Molds Star Wars kits are extremely well engineered and go together beautifully. On top of that, the kits include terrific decals (often including painting masks.) that make it easy to achieve a professional look even for a beginning modeler.

<div class='quotetop'>(Lynn TXP 0369 @ May 25 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]1250734[/snapback]</div>
He could have made his cockpit smaller as one of his mods to accomodate his needs.
[/b]

Then he made himself smaller too ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(Lynn TXP 0369 @ May 26 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]1250990[/snapback]</div>
How big is a Finemolds Slave1 compared to the AMT/Ertl Slave1 size wise, is it bigger or smaller?

Lynn
[/b]

FM/AMT

<div class='quotetop'>(Spiker @ May 25 2006, 06:08 PM) [snapback]1250566[/snapback]</div>
Of course scale has to do with the size of the pilots. The OT Boba Pilot was in 1:24 so the studiomodel was 1:24.
ILM made Jangos CGI Slave 1 defenitly bigger (i am talking of the cockpit and relation of the pilots to the ship only).
I guess it has to do with Jango & Boba sitting together in the cockpit.
For the model: I am only interested in perfect replicas of the SS model. If not SS sized the scale must be right (but thats just my opinion).
But i am going for studio scale stuff only in the future anyways :D
Was just wondering if anybody has problems with the Fine Molds size/scale differences.
[/b]

I have a very simple solution for your problem that costs about $1. Calculate the scale the Boba ship is in your estimation based on the SS model and the FM model then grab a sharpie and overwrite the numbers on the box... :p

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back