Boba Fett pre-production Pistol

bwingpilot

Does anyone have any theories on what this blaster could be? At first I thought it was an 8mm video camera, but after a long search I came up dry. Lets see if we can nail this one down.

unknowncamera4yo.jpg

Originally posted by bwingpilot@Feb 9 2006, 11:24 PM
Does anyone have any theories on what this blaster could be? At first I thought it was an 8mm video camera, but after a long search I came up dry. Lets see if we can nail this one down.

unknowncamera4yo.jpg

[snapback]1180506[/snapback]​

The grip of the pistol could be an 8mm camera grip, or least it has been suggested and it does seem plausible.

The same grip is used on the deck gun on Jabba's barge.

pistol.jpg

pistol2.jpg

I remember as a kid having the 12 inch Boba Fett with this gun. Looks more like a bunch of found items than an actual firearm. Does POSW list this piece?

Clark

It is difficult to tell from the photos, but the ridged section at the top of the grip could be part of a thumb wheel/screw. If that is the case it is may part of a remote release for a still camera.

Something like this perhaps.

[attachmentid=6509]

Edit: It seems 8mm cameras use a similar grip, so we are thinking of the same basic item. I think a video camera seems more logical because of the red trigger.

Last edited:
No, we don't have it listed on The Parts of Star Wars.
I've always wondered about this piece too. I have searched several times for parts of it, but no luck yet.

My guess is the grip and shoulder stock are an 8mm movie camera attachment. I think movie camera because of the shoulder stock- more commonly used to stabilize a camera rolling film. It could be for a still camera though.
moviebuff5 - Considering the age of the piece I think video cameras are out (too big if even available in 1978, no?). I agree there seems to be a thumbwheel.

I think it was likely bought new or at least wasn't very old at the time (not like the antiques in ANH). The black and red plastic look new.

The barrel (at least the tip) looks like a marker to me.

I think I have some pics of a camera stock that's very similar. I'm at work now, and will have to check my pics when I get home, but the names "Kilfitt" or "Bushhawk" come to mind as the possible make. I was considering one on ebay once upon a time for a raygun, but it was a bit pricey, and came from Australia, IIRC. Never made the Fett connection until it was brought up here, but I'm fairly sure that's it. I think it even had the same strap arrangement. I'll check tonight. I'm pretty sure I saved the pics from the auction for reference.

Jim

I remember a thread a couple of years ago where someone had IDed all or most of the parts. It was a very cool thread and I thought I saved it to my hard drive, but I can't seem to find it now. Will keep looking. Maybe I archived it to CD.

Good to hear guys. I did some more research and it looks like Capt MarVell is right, this thing has to be a camera shoulder mount/stabilizer. I'll be looking forward to your responses Capt MarVell and Macklin :D

OK, did some searches at lunchtime, and it's not the Bushhawk or Kilfitt (the Bushhawk is very cool though, and would make a great custom - see www.bushhawk.com ). I'll still look at my archive of possible base items at home, I'm almost positive I've got this. Maybe Leica or Arriflex...

OK, I finally found the pics and what I had wasn't it (again, I'm at work, can't post any pics right now). The grip/stock I was remembering was made by ROWI, and they appear to be from Australia. The shoulder piece is slightly different in shape, but it does have the strap attachments like the Fett gun, which is what was triggering the memory. The grip is different, the attachment point of stock to grip is different... well, it's just not it. Sorry for the false alarm. They show up on ebay from time to time, so you should be able to see the difference there.

Jim

I saw something at the flea market the other day that said it was a projector. It was all black but a silver tip and very much resembled a gun.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back