Boba fett helmet build and paint

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Frogfreak

Sr Member
Hey guys not sure if it's a bit late, but i've been building my own Boba Fett helmet based on Amazing RafalFett's patterns! Slightly modifying as i was going though to accurize it a bit more. I've started bondo-ing it already, but still have a lot more sanding and filling to go...

And i've also taken a small break from that to make the rangefinder and ears out of styrene.

As far as the visor goes, i still am not sure what to do about that. Same with the paint, my plan is to do almost fully rattle-canned, i'm gonna do it truly layered. (gonna use masking liquid when doing the different layers) So, help for the visor and paints would be very much appreciated!

Will update with pics later...

Thanks for looking!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Frogfreak

Sr Member
Here's what i've got so far: (And so sorry for the absolute garbage pics, i'll try to take some better ones later.... If anyone knows how to take decent pictures, please give tips! :lol:)

Done some work bondo-ing the dome:
124544955_392212865247598_4166027095918520153_n.jpg

Made the Borden connector:
124547539_366235737971340_2850208177361758581_n(1).jpg

Made the Rangefinder topper: (Especially sorry for this pic!)
124494054_369677677484152_2196919558540299275_n.jpg

Made the left ear:
124771236_1033299290447262_6531112399156378650_n.jpg

And started working on the lower right ear:
124638928_2770888909836205_4865248170214037240_n.jpg

Tell me what you think please!

jusdrewit

Good start. For the visor just get one from t-visor.com (that's what I've done) or go to a hardware store and buy a welding mask visor and then cut it yourself to fit

animator

I like it so far.

For masking, I tried masking fluid and found it a pain to work with. I've had better luck with toothpaste believe it or not. Toothpaste is easy to apply with a toothpick or paint brush and you can use a tooth brush to help wash it off after being painted. With masking fluid I had to pick at once it was painted, especially with rattle can paint because I tend to get that thicker.

For visors I get Plastruct clear sheets for the hobby store, apply car window tint and cut it to fit. That way I can control the thickness and darkness or the visor. -just another option.

Also painters tape cut or torn into the shapes you want mask has worked really well for me.

Good luck!

Frogfreak

Sr Member
I like it so far.

For masking, I tried masking fluid and found it a pain to work with. I've had better luck with toothpaste believe it or not. Toothpaste is easy to apply with a toothpick or paint brush and you can use a tooth brush to help wash it off after being painted. With masking fluid I had to pick at once it was painted, especially with rattle can paint because I tend to get that thicker.

For visors I get Plastruct clear sheets for the hobby store, apply car window tint and cut it to fit. That way I can control the thickness and darkness or the visor. -just another option.

Also painters tape cut or torn into the shapes you want mask has worked really well for me.

Good luck!
Toothpaste eh? Hmm, sounds interesting, i think i may try that, thanks!