Bob/doody You have been recasted!

Has it been confirmed that this is Doodys work?

Perhaps even worse is the constant use of the term "recasted", which is not a real word. :p

Apparently the seller really doesn't care if it IS a recast or not, and this is a comment from one of the interested buyers:

Originally posted by shadowbat69 - 6/5/2006@ 6:23 pm
Mike, as far as that whole recasting thing, tell whomever is sending those to p.ss off. As someone who would like to acquire one of those, i wouldnt give a sh.t if it was or not, as long as i got one.

I hope it's simply not a recast..

<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Jun 8 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]1258528[/snapback]</div>
Apparently the seller really doesn't care if it IS a recast or not, and this is a comment from one of the interested buyers:

Mike, as far as that whole recasting thing, tell whomever is sending those to p.ss off. As someone who would like to acquire one of those, i wouldnt give a sh.t if it was or not, as long as i got one.

[/b]

And that mentality is why recasters get away with what they do.

The whole "I do not care where it is from if I can get my trinket cheap" attitude sucks.

The admins at that forum should be appaled and shamed from that type of attitude being condoned.

<div class='quotetop'>(Cenobyte @ Jun 8 2006, 06:38 PM) [snapback]1258531[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Jun 8 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]1258528[/snapback]

[/b]

And that mentality is why rescaters get away with what they do.

The whole "I do not care where it is from if I can get my trinket cheap" attitude sucks.

The admins at that forum should be appaled and shamed from that type of attitude being condoned.
[/b][/quote]

I have to agree and after today I don't think I can post on that board as long as they allow this to go on.

ohhh i hate when things get into a grey area.

on another board i lurk on its been mentioned it is a mold that the seller got from a guy, and apparently its from an earlier version of bobs bust that he has made corrections since then and made it even more accurate. its an old mold that he sold/tossed.

dunno if its true or not, but it leads to an interesting series of "hmmm" moments.

has anyone been able to trace the lineage of the mold? if it is a recast, that sucks. if its not a recast (i.e. bob sold someone the mold who sold it to him) i cant really see it being a "recast". when you sell a mold to someone, unless you specifically ask them not to sell the item, i think you sell the "right" for that person to do whatever the hell he wants to with it.

once a timeline is found out, or a lineage pops up, id love to know more.

chris

Did Bob sell the mold? If so then I don't think it's a Grey area because a mold is for making castings from,
otherwise why would anyone sell a mold, or buy one without permission to make castings?

If one casting was sold, someone molded it and sold the mold without Bob's permission,
then it is a recast-mold plain and simple.
I have seen a few molds on Ebay that I'm sure were recast molds...

I hope Bob chimes in and clears this up, I hope he's not being ripped off in any way.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
(i.e. bob sold someone the mold who sold it to him) i cant really see it being a "recast". when you sell a mold to someone, unless you specifically ask them not to sell the item, i think you sell the "right" for that person to do whatever the hell he wants to with it.
[/b]

Hey all

Bob did sell a mold of the head to a model kit company called Deluted Concepts , I know of this because they post on a modeling forum I am a part of ( http://theclubhouse1.net/forums/index.php )....which is very against recasting. Anyway I contacted Deluted Concepts and belows is the E-mail they sent me...I guess They have had the resin bust they sell recasted and from what I understand both Bob and them have contacted the guy doing it and he doesn't give a damn what they say.

Well here is the E-mail

"thanx for the update unfortunately i dont have a membership to the rpf.

i comfirmed it with the producer bob.
i have the only mold. bob said to him to prove it by showing us the mold or telling the color of the mold material. and he simply said he doesnt care.
i looked up my past paypal invoices and sure enough he bought one from us.
please pass this on.
thanx for caring."

Hope this clears things up a little

Aaron

there was a guy selling these on ebay a while back, i enquired about one from him and he confirmed that he makes them and there his own work. hmm.

I actually bought one off a guy direct who said he had a mold and it was supposidly from a "muckles" statue?

Id hate to think i have bought a recasted item, especially if it was recast of bob who i am a great fan of.

<div class='quotetop'>(Chicagovader @ Jun 9 2006, 03:30 AM) [snapback]1258819[/snapback]</div>
Hey all

Bob did sell a mold of the head to a model kit company called Deluted Concepts , I know of this because they post on a modeling forum I am a part of ( http://theclubhouse1.net/forums/index.php )....which is very against recasting. Anyway I contacted Deluted Concepts and belows is the E-mail they sent me...I guess They have had the resin bust they sell recasted and from what I understand both Bob and them have contacted the guy doing it and he doesn't give a damn what they say.

Well here is the E-mail

"thanx for the update unfortunately i dont have a membership to the rpf.

i comfirmed it with the producer bob.
i have the only mold. bob said to him to prove it by showing us the mold or telling the color of the mold material. and he simply said he doesnt care.
i looked up my past paypal invoices and sure enough he bought one from us.
please pass this on.
thanx for caring."

Hope this clears things up a little

Aaron
[/b]

Man the arrogant attitude this guy has about recasting Bobs work.
as i said before i will no longer be posting on that board as long as they take the attitued that recasting somone elses work is okay.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back