Bob C's Pam Anderson

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by doody, Jan 30, 2006.

1. doody

doody Sr Member

I had to cut these photos short, as the mods have informed me
    that it is too "risque'" for the youngbats.

[​IMG]

to see the rest, goto either:
    dullam-causey

or

rubberhoodofthebat

2. NEKROFANATIC

NEKROFANATIC Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

hah. Very nice.

3. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

:thumbsup ....looks like he got one...er...two things spot on. :p

4. well paid killer

well paid killer Well-Known Member

Thats pretty freakin insane...

5. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

Nothing like silicone....um....er....yeah.

Seriously, amazing as usual.

6. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Well-Known Member

Looks more real than she does :)

7. weaselflinger

weaselflinger Sr Member

Excellent work.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you guys were using household silicone for casting. If that's accurate, would you mind revealing the recipe?

8. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

wow....

amazing likeness.

has the person who commishioned it going for a partifular look i.e. barb wire or VIP, or just an all around pam?

looks very good so far.
    chris

9. AndySertin

AndySertin Well-Known Member

I'm not too young :cry I love replicas....

10. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Seriously creepy.

11. doody

doody Sr Member

Still just a progress shot. more to come.

I would like to add, that this Bob C's Third sculpture ever.
    The first two were min. statues of Kilmer in the sonar suit.
    I had nothing to do with this project.

12. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

Impressive , wish I had that kind of talent.

13. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

*.... guess the 3rd time really is the charm.

hes got great talent.

chris

14. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

It's not wrong to want one... It's not wrong to want one... It's not wrong to want one...

:angel

- Gabe

15. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

But it is wrong to WANT one, Gabe. ;)

16. Rylo

Rylo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks dead...I agree. Creepy.

Looks like her though... :thumbsup

NOTE: I've seen more risque avatars.

17. doody

doody Sr Member

Note: I've not only seen more risque avatars, but I've seen far
    more risque pics from Dragon Con.

18. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yeah Baby. :thumbsup

19. DarthCalibar

DarthCalibar Well-Known Member

hmm, wonder how HE knows what those look like? :p :lol

good job :D

20. Chewie15

Chewie15 Sr Member

Looks great Bobby. Now you can rent this to Tommy Lee when he gets anohter restraining order :lol

H

21. doody

doody Sr Member

Or, he could rack up a ton of buisiness doing commisioned busts, as
    this thing went up in no time.

22. RONCULUS

RONCULUS Well-Known Member

Amazing. Everything on your site is amazing.

Fantastic work.

Ron

23. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

You should send her pics to "realdoll" :lol and see if they'd be willing to work up a deal on creating a "Pam" ;)

Steve

24. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

I wait all day to get home to see this and no picture of her whole face.?..? And no boobalas? I gotta get out more.

25. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

I'm in for 1 :D

26. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

That must have been fun to sculpt...

27. NEKROFANATIC

NEKROFANATIC Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

"My..oh...my...this clay is so ...firm..."

;)

28. E2K13

E2K13 New Member

Absolutely beautiful.
    You really captured her likeness Bobby. I cant wait to see this in person.
    I know I know, you said there are no plans of an open mouth version.

29. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

stunning....almost enough to switch me over to blondes :p

So I guess you don't need the other two? ;) Fed Ex 'em over here. :D

:cheers,

Thomas

30. doody

doody Sr Member

Good compliments. However I got only one minor complaint. Go check out some
    of the female nude paintings on the Zbrush forum. All comments are about the artistry of the work, not about the subject matter.
    Ya, I know it's all in good fun, but this piece could've easily have been some star wars thing, or a monster, or James Bond, the quality would not be any less.
    So my point is, it's not whether or not you like Pam Anderson, or any of that crap, it's supposed to be about the workmanship here. Makes me wanna sign up with a different name, get a blob of clay, and stick a carrot in for the nose, and say what do you think? common, give me your honest opinions. I bet I'd get more heartfelt responses, and encouragment than I've had here in the last two years.

31. Jackie_Chan_Fan

Jackie_Chan_Fan New Member

dam, i couldnt sleep at night with that in my house.

I want one:)

32. doody

doody Sr Member

So, what do you think? is it anotomically correct?. A lot of sculptors do some nice faces, but fall short around the collarbone area. Does the collar bone look anotomically correct to you? If this sculpture is his third one, do you think that if he did a 5th, or a 10th, with a james bond likeness, or a truman capote, or pumpkinhead, or Obi-wan, that it would be any good? How does the placement of the eyes look?. Is there a natural separation in the lips? How about the skin coloration so far? Do you get a sense of a skeletel structure underneath the skin? Does anyone have a thought on an honest, heartfelt level? If I had posted this piece with a different name, completly different identity, would the responses have been the same? Would I get reams of encouragement, and heartfelt responses if with a different identity, I posted a picture of a so-so, or beginer level sculpture? Shall we try this?

33. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My reaction to first viewing the sculpt is the face and bust are very lifelike and an amazing likeness of Pam herself. Her face looks spot on, and chest is hard to make a comparison without the rest of her body to view it with.

The eyebrows I think need to be more lifelike, less 'painted on', but I think the rest of the head (ears, eyes, nose, etc..) look just like her. Pam is usually smiling and you captured a great intense look on her face, right out of Barb Wire.

Great sculpt.

34. Probe Droid

Probe Droid Master Member

Incredible work. I've never wanted to hump a statue so bad in my life. :p (Hey, I said it, but you all were thinking it.)

35. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Doody, I see what you're getting at. It's hard for people to judge Bob's detail to anatomical correctness when there are other distracting features.

Given the opportunity to look at and judge her clavical or * (especially ones of those propprtions), where do you think we are going to look. Very few of us here are classically trained artists. We're (mostly) a bunch of guys that like to play with Star Wars toys (or other sci fi) and say things like "boobies".

I think a better way to go about this would be a sculpture of some nobody (and with this crowd, he'd be better off with a guy) and then ask us if he got the anatomical proportions correct. People get too caught up in the celebrity (and the boobies ;)).

-Fred

36. Luke Skyvader

Luke Skyvader Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Exactly. and most of those pictures would be considered no worse than a typical public beach. Cover your eyes children Pam Anderson's got *.

Pete

Hey, somebody post a pic of Michael Angelos "David"

37. doody

doody Sr Member

Bravo on the last few posts. The critiques show thought. Even if you are not classicaly trained (neither are we, we do this out of our homes/basements) your thoughts matter, you all have a lot of smarts goin on upstairs, let me see it.

38. vaderbreath

vaderbreath Well-Known Member

As a figure artist I would say that anatomically she looks good. I haven't compared the sculpture to the actual Pam, but proportionally the neck/collarbone look good. Very nice job.

-Corey

39. Eyes Only

Eyes Only Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

it's okay... :)

now when you do a Jessica Alba, then we'll be talking :)

great work.

40. E2K13

E2K13 New Member

I think that the lips are spot on. I feel that there is an exceptional amount of attention to detail when it comes to the lipstick coloration which passes the lipline as she definately does. For me though, the thing that I most notice in relation to being as exact as you can get to the real Pam is the tip of her nose. She has a distinct Y shaped crease at the tip of her nose which on the sculpt is exact to the her as well. I like the fact that the sculpt has her in sort of a pouty bottom lip look which is one of her trade marks. The eyes and hair bring this one to life. I really have to say though that if this is Bobby C's third sculpt, it truly shows what talent he has trapped inside himself.
    This sets the bar and raises it way above and beyond.

41. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

I've seen plenty of Pam Anderson and the likeness is uncanny.. The eyes and lips and overall structure are spot on for her....in her present state ...unless she decides to "alter" herself again. ;)

Steve

42. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

It's a nice sculpt and all, but the site of that woman grosses me out. It's not the body, it's what she does with it... And all those nasty diseases... :eek:

43. doody

doody Sr Member

Much thanks for all comments. It's good to what others think, good or bad.

44. The Mantis

The Mantis Sr Member

I think the neck is the best part....sounds strange I know, and I am not being funny....many artists that do these types of work never get the neck right....they idealize it...make it too thick etc....the neck area has tons of personality on every human being and you did not take the easy way out but actually took the time to make it as accurate as the face....great job.

45. Star Wars Chick

Star Wars Chick Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Actually I think the brows are great because that is pretty much what Pam does- she paints them on. Really captures the essential features of her face quite well so it doesn't just look like her, it is her.

46. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

LOL...Someone was asking Artie Lange of Howard Stern fame what he would rather have, a huge plate of great pasta or a night with Pam Anderson. He chose Pam Anderson. Said something along the lines of "You can lose weight, but you can't lose hepatitis C".

47. Beeb89

Beeb89 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

OK, I'll be the odd man out...

Now being REALLY nit picky and being a big Pam A. fan, I have to say I think the sculpt looks great but something's just a bit "off" about it to me. You can easily tell who it is, but with out knowing exactly how to put it, it's missing that "spark" that brings sculpts like this to life. To me, it's a combination of the eyes and mouth that throws it just SLIGHTY off. I wish I be more specific as to what it is, but I'm not sure how to explain it. Still, don't get me wrong, it's an AWESOME sculpt and far better than anything I could ever hope to do, but it's just my opinion. :)

-B89. :D

48. doody

doody Sr Member

Thanks again all. Yes Mantis, the neck I think looks pretty good too. Tough because so much mental energy goes into the face, and by that time usually your
    so tired of the piece you just wanna git it over, but he dogged it out.
    Beeb89, this still an "in progress" stage, so we'll see when it's all done. The "magic" is probaly what you're thinking of. Something that takes a piece beyond a good sculpture. Even at worst, for a third sculpt, I would be extatic.

49. HarleyQ

HarleyQ New Member

The skin is what struck me first. It's amazing. Your attention to details, particulary her flaws and variations in skin tone, is beautiful.

50. doody

doody Sr Member

check this out.. with latest changes.

[​IMG]