Blueing/blacking zinc alloy/pot metal

SCOTTBOBA

Hi eveyone first post here.
Been a lurker for a while was active on propsummit awhile back but finances put pay to my prop collecting days for abit.
Im looking a blueing/blacking some pot metal parts for a pistol project.
Ive seen the threads from various DL44 build threads where people have refinished denix mausers using birchwoood caseys aluminium black. Ive used thier perma blue on a deckard blaster top reciever before. Im curious with peoples dl44 builds how the aluminium black finish is holding up after handling of the prop for awhile. Im asking for a non prop related project. Its for the grip frame of a crosman 2240 air pistol, and its gonna see a fair amount of handling so was curious how durable the finish would be. Many thanks in advance

What country you on as I'm in the UK & can recommend a company I've used, but no use if you're not located in the UK
Im in the uk, looking to do it myself ideally to keep the cost down as the wife takes a dim view of me spending too much on my hobbies but still interested to hear who the company is

Mine looks like I just finished it 4 years after the fact.

Dont forget, you can always wipe a new coat on at any point without having to clean off the old.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back